Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thoughts.....

*Packing your whole house up into box after box after box.....sucks.

*Packing your whole house is also nice. It's a great way to "de-junk"

*I've learned that saying "good byes" aren't my thing....and they also suck.

*I think "good byes" are not my thing because I have hope that they are not forever.
That this isn't, couldn't, and just won't be the last time I see this person/family/friend/loved one.

*Just getting up and relocating your family across the country is a scary thing. Especially when there is no job/schooling waiting there for you.

(this is/will be the second time we've picked up and moved across country with no job or school waiting there for us. But with faith that it will all work out, and it's been tough both times!)

*Having hope for a great new future for us as a family is exciting. Wondering where we will end up and the plan that has been laid out for us (that we can't clearly see yet), it's kind of like a giant surprise (a little hard to do, and wait for, but fun at the same time).

*Stress and the zits that come along with it, are inevitable, especially when facing a long trip across the country with three kids.

*But prayers are answered, especially the ones where you plead for peace in your heart and mind, those ones HAVE been answered.

*Family is why were are here. Family is what gets us through. I feel blessed so by God, he knew I'd need great family to give me that peace I need in times of trial.


This is the week. The time has come to say good bye to our last five years of life, this is when we leave it all and move to........to be decided :) I'm not as emotional about it as I thought I'd be, since I'm a very emotional person. I think I've just not had time to be so emotional. It'll all hit me later I'm sure.


Good bye, for now, Midwest. See you again some day (when it's not so blessed hot :)

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I so know how you feel--and I can empathize for you! You have our thoughts and prayers that something will come to be the way it needs to for you guys. We hope the most wonderful things unfold just right for you!

Zip said...

beautiful thoughts, especially the ones about prayers being answered. may you have a smooth trip across the country!

Unknown said...

Finally you won't be so far away! Can't wait to see you guys in September!!! Oh and good luck on the drive :)

Andrea said...

I loved this post...although I wish you weren't having to go through all this uncertainty and work - in the heat no less!! I am excited to see it all fall into place - as I KNOW it will. Have a good drive :)