Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Birthday J!

Monday was J's birthday, I can't believe how big he is. E helped me with making the cake. I decided cup cakes would be easier for all of us especially for clean up so we made him a birthday cupcake cake. E thought it was pretty cool. We planned to have a couple of close friends over to help us celebrate on Monday night after dinner and FHE, well as you may know with two kids things don't always work out as planned. At 6pm E fell asleep on the couch just before dinner and J had only two short naps that day and was very cranky by dinner time to say the least. So when we finished dinner finally we were just too tired to do a celebration, so it didn't happen on Monday. We did end up celebrating it on Tuesday. We were just going to have it be us to make things easier but the missionaries ended up stopping by for a quick chat and we told them if they wanted cake they had to come help us sing happy birthday. Of course they agreed happily and enjoyed a quick celebration and some cake! Then later we gave J his one birthday present I didn't even wrap it (am I a bad mom or what?). It was a quick birthday but I'm sure J doesn't know any better. We took some pictures so here they are, enjoy!


E was so excited to "help" J blow out his candle.

J enjoyed his cup cake, mostly just squishing the frosting in his fingers and smearing it on his tray. I wonder how much cake he actually ate?

J enjoying his new truck! I think he was more excited that E wasn't taking his toy away than actually playing with it. I told E before I got it out that this was J's birthday toy and that she couldn't play with it today. She was a little unhappy about that at first but did really well. J ended up playing with the box it came in after a few minutes so E got to show J how his new truck worked. So it all worked out and ever one was happy in the end!

E after she fell asleep on the couch before dinner. Silly girl.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

When I read the comment about Eden taking Jonah's toys we could relate here at the Oldfield home. Gabe wants everything Lacey has and only because Lacey has it.