Friday, December 12, 2008

Just to let you know....
So I wasn't going to post anything on this but I have decided to, so I don't have to tell it over and over again to everyone....
This last week I was having complications with my pregnancy and after being sick, bleeding and a trip to the ER and then to my Doctor we are pretty much at the conclusion that this is a Miscarriage. I was under the impression that I was about 13 weeks along with this pregnancy and thought I was in the clear as far as being out of the first trimester with all the risks of miscarriage that come in that trimester. We found out that this pregnancy pretty much stopped around 6-8 weeks and I had just started to miscarry it in this last week. I will go to the Doctor one more time on Monday to "double Check" to make sure it is what it is before heading out of town. The reason I am posting it here is so that I don't have to tell the whole story over and over. I don't mind people asking how I am or even if I am okay etc. but I will put my feelings here for those who are not close to me and just to let every one know that I am okay.

Since I was under the impression that I was 13 going on 14 weeks I was anxious to find out what we were going to have (girl or boy) in just a couple more weeks and since this was a planned and welcomed pregnancy, yes I am upset that it is no longer. Am I devastated and an emotional wreck? NO. To tell you all the truth, I had a feeling something was wrong with this pregnancy from the beginning, but how do you tell a Doctor "I have a feeling something is wrong" with out them rolling their eyes. I was just not "feeling" pregnant much of the time and thought that it was weird, but thought "every pregnancy is different". So when the tests/ultrasounds etc. proved that it is most likely miscarrying this pregnancy I had that "I thought so" in the back of my mind come out. Yes I still cried and yes it was hard to accept at first but honestly there is nothing I can do about it, so why get too upset when I can't do anything to stop it from happening. Why make too big of a fuss and dwell on it when it obviously wasn't my fault and that I did nothing wrong and it obviously wasn't meant to be at this time. Granted, I did want another child and the timing to me seemed perfect, but I have two beautiful, healthy children to be grateful for. I am glad to know that I can have children and carry them to term, but some times these things just happen and there is nothing that we or any one can do about it.

I have amazing friends and family to be grateful for, for their love, concern, and service to me. I am so blessed and that is what I am choosing to dwell on in this hard, but small trial. Here is a future thanks to all you who share your love and concern for me. It always feels good to know that people are thinking of me and/or have even gone through some thing similar. Thank you for caring!

Sorry if this was a depressing post, I was trying hard not to make it that.

On a better note.... to end this post happier..... Cory is DONE with finals! Yay! and we are going to be with family for this long Holiday break he has, another YAY! I can't wait to be with them, they can always cheer me up!
Let me just tell you all what an amazing guy my hubby is. We went to the ER the night before his one BIG final and with out a word of worry or concern for his test he brought his stuff to study took me to the ER and sat by my side the whole time. He would study, then chat with me, then watch TV with me, then study some more keeping my mind off what we both thought this was going to turn out to be. Never complaining that he was never going to get all the studying in he needed to. We were in the ER for 5 1/2 hours, yeah, it was a long time! Any way we got home and he stayed up all night studying, with out complaining or even one minute of sleep because he spent most of those 5 hours at the hospital keeping me company and happy. I hope Heavenly Father blesses him with a good score on this test for being a wonderful husband! I love my Family so much and have so much to be grateful for especially this wonderful man in my life!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I have been so proud of you for so long. You are the very best of what a mother should be. You always have a positive outlook not just with you and your family but for others around you. As you face this trial you are "right there" looking for the silver lining. It is such a comfort to know that Heavenly Father is perfectly aware of each of His children and their needs. There is a plan for each of us. We are so excited for you all to be here! Love, Dad

Kris said...

I just wanted to add....Cory got his test scores back from his big final and he did very well, passing all sections with high marks even in the Dermatology section which he said he had to guess on a very good portion of it. I feel this was a blessing from Heaven since he seemed to struggle so much on that section. I know he had a helping hand there. I'm proud of him for working so hard and studying so long. He deserves the good grades he gets.

Chris and Molly Wambeke said...

Kristin - I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I know that it is so very tough to understand and to deal with. Cry as much as you want. When I had my miscarriage it was an emotional train ride for months and months. I can still cry about it and it is 2 years ago but I think that it is normal to cry and be emotional. You gain such a bond with the little unborn baby in such a short amount of time. Rely on the Lord and your wonderful family. They will help you through this tough time.

Clinton and Jessica said...

I was so sad reading your post, but so very much admire your attitude! I have always looked up to you in that sense, and you never let me down. I hope you guys have a good holiday vacation and I'm sad we wont be up there for Christmas this year. Good job on your test scores Cory! Clinton has his finals next week. I'm always thinking of you guys.

Rachel Holloway said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You seem to really have a good grasp on things and a great perspective...

Hang in there. I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way!!

lynsey said...

kristin,

your perspective on this whole situation is such an example to me of turning to god during trials that we cannot control. i'm very sorry for what you are going through and hope that you are feeling okay. congratulations to cory for doing an amazing job on his finals and being an even more amazing husband to you!

hope you guys have a merry christmas, we love ya!

Breanna said...

Sorry to hear that you are having to go through this trial, Kristin. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. You are truly an amazing person and I miss you tons! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas break with your family.

Katie The Lady said...

sweet friend,
Although I didn't make it as far as you, I understand so many emotions you are going through right now. I wish you the very best of luck when you are ready to try again, and hope you won't feel pain for long. Have a safe and wonderful Christmas and a big Congratulations for C's good test scores!!! Take care, eat icecream, and cry as much as you want- not recommended by nutritionists, but it does wonders!

Jen said...

I am so sorry Kristin. I just had my second miscarriage a little less than 2 weeks ago. It's so hard, no matter what. You have a great attitude. Hang in there.

Naomi said...

You are amazing. Such an inspiration for handling this so well. Hang in there. I know the Lord will bless you with all you need.

Hamblin Family said...

Hey,
Sorry I'm so behind in the times, but I just wanted to add our condolences. So sorry to hear, but look forward to some good news hopefully in the near future. We love you guys and hope you have a good Christmas.

Lindy said...

We were so sorry to hear about this, and want you to know that you're in our thoughts. This post was very touching, and I'm glad to hear that you're hanging in there. Tell Eden Merry Christmas from her teachers!

khepworth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
khepworth said...

Kristin: You are such a postive person, with a very good perspective on things. It's a sad thing to have to go through, but I admire your outlook on the situation.

Glad to hear Cory did well on his tests. There were a couple of times that Kurt was at my aid the night before finals and he just didn't get the study time in that he needed. I know he was blessed and did well, or was able to accept the fact the he didn't do as well as he wanted to, because of his service and love for me, his wife. I'm sure Cory is being blessed for his efforts as well.