Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Proud Parents

I'm just going to take time on my blog here to brag about my big E girl and I can do that, because it's my blog :)

We had E's first parent teacher conference and went over her first progress report. How exciting! I love that E is the one to go through all these "firsts" with us, it's so fun.

I have never been such a proud parent as I was when I was sitting there listening to the teacher praise our daughter. She is doing so well in school, in fact she is testing at the level that most kids her age test at, at the end of the school year. I'm so proud of her and how hard she works and it's great to see and know that she loves learning.

I got some what concerned as I remember how some times the top students get bored and then they fall behind or act out and behave badly and since this is still the beginning of the school year there is plenty of time left for her to get bored. I voiced my concerns to the teacher and she comforted me saying that they do pull out the top students and have them go to reading groups with specialists in the school. She told me I should not worry that they will always try and keep her challenged and busy, so that is a good thing!

It was one of those moments as a parent where you think "Yes! My hard work is paying off." Not that I can take credit for her "smartness", I think she was just born with her Father's brains. It just felt good to know that me trying to be a good Mother all these years has done her some good, it was one of those rewarding moments as a parent! I have had my hard days with her, and there have been many where she just frustrates me to no end. Days where her attitude scares me and I think "I sure hope she turns out ok and does not act like this at school." But at the same time I know she is always better for someone else, most kids are like that right? It was just rewarding to know that she has taken what we have taught her and applied it to life beyond the walls of our home.

I don't know if I'm making any sense at all.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm so proud of my E girl at working hard to be a good friend to others while at school and for being a great student.

Every day she comes home with new songs to sing to us. They are so cute and it's funny to listen to her sing them. They are usually songs about how to write a certain letter of the alphabet and the sound that it makes or they are songs about how to spell their "sight words". In this particular song she is singing about how to write a Capitol M and a lowercase m. It's pretty silly.

I told my Mom I'd post a video or two of her singing her new songs, so here ya go Mom.

4 comments:

Klingler said...

How stinkin' cute! I love E and K. I am proud of her too! How fun to get some little rewards at times right? Mine won't be coming for a few years yet.

Angela said...

I love that little girl! She is so stinkin smart, can't wait to see you guys in 57 days :) the only reason I know that is because I just bought my ticket to come home on the same day you guys are and it told me 57 days until departure!!

Klingler said...

I know I already made a comment - but micah loves this post with E singing! Also - your pic is priceless - I love the pigtails and dress. Man! What parents do to kids to ensure they have some solid black mail material....

Bonnie said...

Tell E girl that Grandma & Papa are very proud of her learning those cute songs. She is a good singer & I bet she sings great in Primary, too.