Our Halloween this year was pretty uneventful. We did not do a whole lot this year, and it's my fault. I wasn't feeling the "Halloween Spirit" this year.
We did however, do the basics.....Carve pumpkins, make Halloween snacks, dress the kids up and trick or treat, went to the our Wards chili cook off and pumpkin carving contest and...that's about it. We didn't even go to our Wards Trunk or treat it was too wet and cold for me and the kids didn't care either. Sadly E's school won't let them dress up for their "Fall Party" (can't even call it a Halloween party) so E really only wore her awesome costume once, sad.
I did get to go in and help out at E's class Fall Party and that was so fun. The best part about going into her class to help out was how proud she was of me, her Mother. She was showing me off to all her friends, it was awesome and I soaked it up because in not too many years down the road I know she'll be embarrassed of her Mother (all girls go through that stage right?) At the end of the party I even heard a little boy go up to E and say "You're Mom is so fun E!" and her response "I know she is!" It melted my heart.
Sorry for the delay in pictures, I just haven't been feeling like blogging lately. So to my family who have been asking to see Halloween pics (especially E's costume) here ya go.
I know it's a blurry picture but it just shows how excited he was to get messy.side note: I know there are three very sharp knives lying right next to my boy which makes me look like a bad Mother, but he was supervised by both parents and he was totally oblivious to them, he was having too much fun with the "goo".


And here it is... My E girl as Princess Leia (You know from Star Wars)
So those of you who don't know the story....We like Star Wars around here, but I would not say we are HUGE fans, we don't even own the DVD's. E ended up watching one of the original Star Wars movies on TV one evening and loved it. We borrowed the Movies from some friends and she watched most of them, she didn't like the scary parts so we just shipped those, but loved Princess Leia and Yoda. So when I asked her what she wanted to be for Halloween this year of course it was "Princess Leia!"
(Yes I made her costume, hair and all! It turned out GREAT and was a huge hit. I had some help from a great friend with the boot covers)
My cute Spider Man doing some sort of spidery moves. He loved his mask but trick or treated with it up on his head reveling his face the whole time, silly boy.
Princess Leia and Mini Mouse. She is one of E's best friends, who we've known since she was born. They are growing up so fast!
Two of E's closet friends in our Ward.....Princess Leia w/ Bumble Bee and Mini Mouse.


4 comments:
Be grateful. MJ had to dress up and get candy FOUR times. I am so sick of Halloween.
That costume is perfect for E!! So cute! At least you guys did the essentials-hahaha! I hope you are in a Halloween mood next year.
THat's awesome you made E's costume. Looks great. I also like your ET pumkin.
Thanks for posting the pics! And it sounds like you had a very eventful halloween. We just carved a pumpkin and watched a movie. I love the last pic where you can tell they are so happy about their candy!
Post a Comment