Have you seen the animated movie Despicable Me? It's a cute movie it really is. We took the kids to see it and they loved it. I have to admit I teared up at the end. My kids thought the Minions were hilarious, I don't blame them, they were pretty silly.
The movie is coming out on DVD and there are commercials for it all over the "prime" tv advertising spots to reach children. Now I'm not promoting this movie or paid to tell you to go buy it, nope, that is not the purpose of this post. I got to thinking......These Marketing people have it down! They know exactly what to say/do to get "you" the consumer to buy their stuff. This little mini Minion movie that advertisers are showing to get you to buy the Despicable Me movie has worked like a charm for my Children. "Mommy can you buy that movie for us so we can have the Banana movie with it?" It just shocked me as I watched their marketing strategies work on my children. It's almost laughable how they have this down to a science.
Anyway....here is the cute mini movie they are luring my children in with
Friday, December 10, 2010
Marketing strategies at their best
Posted by Kris at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's not just the kids this marketing works on - I WANT THIS! So bad........
This is the very reason that most Americans are in serious debt! The marketers have us convinced that we want/need all these things. Think of them as trying to control you and fight them ! :)
Post a Comment