Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Catching up...6 Months old

Man, I've been slacking in the blog updates. I'd like to say I was really busy doing important things, and I guess being a Mom is important but it just sounds boring to me because I do that every day, regardless.

ANY WAY....

Scary thing happened to me not too long ago. I was going through old pictures we have on the computer and I discovered that it had lost pictures for almost two years of J boy's life, from the end of 2006 (the year he was born) to 2008. I was in tears. First of all, I have the least amount of pictures of that boy than either of my girls and it's not like I don't have lots of him because I do, but I just have TONS of the girls. Second, TWO YEARS of pictures gone! What, how does that even happen?!

I went to C in a panic and I think he could tell I was upset so he got right on it and went through the computer and was able to "dig" them out by searching for them day by day. ((Sigh)) I was so relieved. I didn't realize how much losing pictures would upset me, but it did. I'm glad I have them back. We are now looking into getting an external hard drive to put all our pictures on, and I think I'd like to also put them ALL on CD as well, just in case.

going on......
My whole point in this post was to update on our Lou lou so.....

She's six months old! It's hard to believe half a year has gone by already. We've been blessed with this sweet girly in our lives for half a year! Wow. Time does fly.

She is getting so big. At six months old she's out-growing much of that size in clothing and is moving on to Nine month clothes, big girl! I love that she is so round, and rolly and chubby. I like to call her "my little butter ball", fitting for the season too. For my kids chubby is not easily found, granted, there are babies more chubby than Lou lou but still, I'm loving it.

At her appointment she weighed in at 16 and 1/2 lbs. which put her just under the 70% for weight and she's at 26 1/2 inches long so that put her in the 75% for height, like I said big girl. Her head also in the 75% which I expect from my large headed children :)

She's now sitting up really well by herself. She's also slowly, slowly scooting on her tummy. She only scoots when she really really wants something on the floor, other than that she just lays there and kicks her feet while on her tummy.

Her favorite thing to do is to just sit and entertain herself with toys, this is why I love this stage, they can self entertain, yay!

She's chowing down the food, obviously. She loves cereal, peas, squash, pears....lets face it, all the foods we've given her she loves!

She starting to get to that point of being "afraid" of strangers. She's not really afraid but more like weary or cautious. If she's tired and someone she doesn't know really well is holding her she'll cry and look for me. I'm not one of the Mothers that loves to have a clingy kid, in fact I'm quite the opposite I never want a "clingy" child, ever. So I'm hoping she's does not get worse in this "I want my mommy only!" stage. We'll see.

Now I will finish my post with lots of pictures of our baby girl:

Courtesy of E: Diva #2

Look at those cheeks!

I loved this out fit on E and was happy that Lou lou got to wear it, even if it was only for a little while.

I love this picture below. She fell asleep in her high chair while I left her to entertain her self so I could clean. Sooo tired.

L.O.V.E.

I wanted to put this picture on here because you can kind of see her "chub" and also how long she is, she really is long. Lucky girl, I'm jealous if she gets the "tall Harker" gene.

3 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

I forget how fast it goes by- 6 more months and she won't really be a baby anymore at all!

Love all those adorable pictures of her! And, I'm so glad you were able to find the lost pictures! I have so many on my computer too and we are always talking about getting an external memory...but still have yet to get one.

Unknown said...

Ahhh I have those 6-9 month clothes I need to send you still. I hope they will fit! The tags say 15-19 lbs. so we should be ok. Adorable pics. Can't wait to finally meet her in a month or so. Yay!

Anonymous said...

last pic she needs to benaked