Not long after we moved out West my Son turned the big #5!
It was kind of nice to keep it simple this year.
Since obviously he had no friends out here yet, we did just a family thing and he was okay with it and I was very much okay with it.
I asked what kind of cake he wanted and after a few suggestions he thought an ice cream cake would be fun, and so I made him my DQ version of an ice cream cake. It was delicious!
Then we went to Chuck-E-Cheese with Grandma and Papa for a few games and called it good.
So simple, and yet he loved it.
I felt kind of guilty for not posting this back in August. I usually try and post a special Birthday post on here for each of my kids' birthdays, at the time I was consumed by stress and whatnot, so I forgot to and I felt a bit guilty at first but I have gotten over it.
It blows my mind to think my baby boy is five and in kindergarten. He was so fragile when he came into this world and I remember holding him so tiny and sick and I couldn't imagine him being any bigger and yet here he is five and for the most part healthy and he is quite the character. It seems like over night he became my big boy and that can be a little hard on a Mommy to one day realize they are in the real world and are making those steps to no longer needing you, granted that is still many years away, but still the realization that life keeps going and you can't stop it can be hard.
When you are young, a child or a teenager, you can think about nothing but growing up and time seems to move so slowly but somewhere along the way (probably when you first become a Parent) the tables turn and all of a sudden time seems to go by too fast and you feel yourself clinging to each milestone and each new moment with each child.
That's why I love recording things on this blog, it helps me remember these moments, it helps me savor the past while I try and enjoy the "now" with my kids and my Family.
Any way here is to my big boy! I love you Buddy!
Thursday, November 03, 2011
Summer fun rewind part two
Posted by Kris at 4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Holy Moly! I can't beleive he's 5 and so handsome! I LOVE your house by the way! It's been way too long and I really miss you guys. I'm not very good at keeping in touch so sorry but we love you guys!
Post a Comment