Wednesday, November 02, 2011

What's new with us?

Many friends and family have asked "How are you guys?" or "Where are you guys at now?" or "What is new with you guys" and so on.
So this post is an attempt to update you who have asked so many questions. Aaannd to put up some pictures too (Finally! I know it's been a while)

So what's new with the Harkers you ask?

Where to start?

This summer was crazy, stressful, fun, exciting, stressful, crazy, awesome....yeah all of that!

We moved in with my parents at the end of July as I have already said in previous posts and during that time we felt very lucky and blessed to have such wonderful family willing to let us take over their lives for a time (two whole months). But at the same time we also felt very up-rooted, very much in limbo not really having a home or place to call our own and it was stressful but it was also a blessing to me, in that I really really learned to appreciate the meaning of the word "Home" and what it means to me and my family. That a home is more than just walls, but family who love each other. During this short time we lived at my Folks in limbo as I called it, it wasn't easy all the time, it was hard on me and the kids especially but we made the best of it until things (and by things I mean Blessings from God) fell into our laps and everything fell into place.

I know God lets us "suffer" so that we can know how good the "good" actually is. Whether our suffering is small or large or somewhere in between, I KNOW he works in this way because I've experienced it more than once in my life time and I appreciate His love in doing this. I don't appreciate it during the moment sometimes and I think that is why I keep experiencing it, I need to learn to appreciate it during not just after :) But usually after I have "suffered" and then am Blessed I so appreciate this process in life. I do.

So since my last update here is what is new:

Cory has a job! Hallelujah! And not only does he have a job, he has one that fits him perfectly. We couldn't have asked for more.

We rented a house and moved in at the beginning of October. Yes it's only been a Month but it feels like it's been forever, it feels like home already! In fact the day we signed the lease it felt like home to me.

It was SUCH a blessing, this home, these Landlords we have, the location everything about it has been a HUGE blessing from a loving Father in Heaven who knew our situation and our needs and blessed us more than we could have asked for.

So you want to see our "cute" house?
Okay, well I'm gonna show ya anyway!




Here is our "Home"
This home was built in 1925! BUT has had amazing renovations done to it. It's still old and needs some work on the inside and it's not perfect but I LOVE the charm of it!

I can't wait to have some cute furniture to put on the porch and just sit and take in the country view from our cute porch! (I'm just waiting for the dough to start rolling in before I make that purchase ;)

My mom grew 6 pumpkin plants in her garden and got more than thirty, yes that's 3-0, 30 pumpkins from them. Since she had no use for all 30-something pumpkins she sent home 25 with us to decorate our long porch with. So with the ones we got from pumpkin patches and my Mom's 25 we had 30 pumpkins on our porch!

Oh my silly kids! They love their porch too.
I love love this view from my kitchen.....


My family playing in the back yard and loving it.


My kids' favorite part of our back yard.....

No, that is not our horse. But at our fence line behind us is a large field with a horse, Skipper the Horse! My kids love to climb through the fence and feed Skipper apples and pet him. In fact E is in heaven and has tried asking for a horse, but I think we'll settle for feeding our neighbors horse.


Daddy enjoying the swing he put up, and lulu was liking swinging with Daddy too.
The down side of having an acre of land? Having to keep it up. Thankfully the land lords left their riding lawn mower! Now all we have to worry about is the two giant Maple Trees in our back yard that are dumping thousands of leaves all over our back yard that we'll have to clean up! Oh well, the view and land is worth the sacrifice!

We love our Home and are so grateful to have been blessed with such a wonderful place to live.




FYI: for those who don't know....our house is exactly one block behind (North of) my folks' house. Our back yards practically face each other (kind of, in a kiddy-corner kind of way).

Look at the picture with E and J feeding the horse.....did you look at it? Because you can see my parents house in this picture.... Okay now look at the horse's right ear. You'll see some trees off in the distance right by his ear. Then you'll see to the right of those trees a roof top that is grey-ish, that looks like it has a tree with red leaves coming out of the top of it.... you see it? Yep, That's my parents house! We're that close, and we love it.

We went from living thousands of miles away from them while in Indiana to then practically living on top of them while we lived in their house, to now living practically in their back yard, but in our own house.

I think we found the perfect medium!

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

SO, SO, SO happy for you! Your house looks BEAUTIFUL and the land is INCREDIBLE. How lucky to be SO close to family--I just can't say enough how thrilled I am that things have worked out this way. You guys deserve it!

Katie The Lady said...

Yay!!! What a beautiful house and perfect place for your kids to play!! I am so jealous right now. And how awesome you are so close to family. I am beyond thrilled for you guys, and happy that I know where to find you when I come to visit.

adrienne said...

Yay! The house is adorable! Despite what sounded like similarities, it's way nicer than ours. Did you get the play structure or was it there already? I want one so bad. I'm so happy that guys will have stability.

adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lynsey said...

CONGRATS!! on the job & the house. that home is SO cute! and an amazing backyard, and such a beautiful family to fill it.

so happy for you guys, you deserve all the happiness & blessings in the world!!

Kristin said...

This looks so amazingly perfect. I can just see you sitting on that porch and breathing a deep sigh of contentment and relief that you've made it. :) Miss and love you guys!

Zip said...

Awesome! Congratulations on everything. What a BEAUTIFUL place you live in! So cool. All of your pictures turned out great. How could they not when you have that lovely setting for a background!

Clinton and Jessica said...

beautiful house! and how fun to be so close to your parents!! glad things are going well for your family.