Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sand Box Fun
A while back I bought a Step 2 sand box, one of those that stands up off the ground so the kids can't sit in it and get sand all over them.(E can and still does climb in and sits in it though) Well I found it at a store here for only TEN BUCKS! Can you believe it?! It has a nice canopy over head to block the sun and it also serves as a cover for the sand box which is way nice to have. I looked up the price they go for usually on the Internet and they retail for $100. So I was pretty excited about my awesome find. The play sand I found at Lowe's for only $3 a bag and we only had to buy two. I got it because I thought the kids would love it and I would like having an outside toy that keeps them entertained. The kids do love it, but I hate it! For many reasons: It's messy which doesn't bother me too bad but they always want to play in it right before dinner and I don't want to have to bathe them before we sit down to eat because that's messy too, E likes to show J how to throw sand outside of the sand box every where, J eats handfuls of it every time he plays in it, J gets it in his eyes every time and cries, E climbs in it and gets sand in every crevice, they track sand in my kitchen every time they play in it so I end up sweeping a million times a day, and the list goes on. I thought it was a good idea to get one of these but I'm starting to second guess my judgment. Oh well isn't that how it usually is if the kids love it you hate it?!Well we got some cute pictures of the kids and their new sand box.Look how cute they are when they play nice together
Fighting over the sand toys......And mom had to separate themJ throwing sand in his hair, lovely! What a cute boy thoughI think he just got done eating a handful of sand in this picture, if you look closely you can see sand all over his chin.E really loves the sand box, she has been getting better at building sand castles all by herself.

4 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

Anything messy, count kids in! The sandbox was a great deal. Super cute stuff.

khepworth said...

We had the same problem. Laid down the law that before they came in the house they had to: take off their shoes and socks and dump the sand out and bang them together to get excess sand off them, jump up and down and shake their booty to get the sand off, and lastly if the sand wasn't coming off thier hands, mom had to get the hose and help wash it off.

I definitely got tired of sweeping the floor a million times a day. The above ritual helped. Good luck.

Katie L said...

Congrats on the amazing find!!!! That is sooo funny about messy kids. Mine do that too, that's why we don't have any "fun" toys around! Adorable pictures!!!

lynsey said...

wow, a bargain shopper if i've ever seen one. that looks like a lot of fun for them. not so much fun to clean up it sounds like but if they're entertained, it works! your kids are too cute.