Saturday, August 09, 2008

8-8-08
Go USA!

I grew up in a family that loved to watch the Olympic Games. It is exciting to me to be able to sit down and enjoy the world coming together in one big event to compete against one another but supporting one another too. Even in times of war we can for a moment forget all that and enjoy athletes at their best. My mom loves watching the Olympic Games and I think that is where I get my love for them too. She is even planning to attend an Olympic event when they are held in Vancouver Canada in 2012, and if you ask her about it she will tell you how excited she is to go :) My favorite sport, Gymnastics, of course! I am partial to that one because I know the sport, pretty well. Things have changed in the sport of gymnastics but I still love to see what and how it has changed over the years.
I watched some of the Olympic Opening Ceremonies last night and it was pretty cool. Very artsy, but I loved the Chinese drummers, and how they did the count down at the begining. If you didn't see it, it's hard to explain but it was really cool looking, look it up on the internet :) Any way I didn't watch the whole thing, as it drags on and on but it did get me so excited to watch gymnastics, I can't wait, I love that sport!

I totally took all these pictures myself (off the internet)
My three favorites: Nastia Liukin, Alisha Sacramone, and the favorite to win the all around title, Shawn Johnson
I know most of you aren't interested in this but I just had to put it up here any way, I'm way excited!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay! I LOVE THE OLYMPICS TOO!!!!! Dun, dun, da-dun dun, dun-dun...that's the NBC Olympic music if you couldn't figure it out. Did you see the part of the Opening Ceremony where there were all those boxes (printing blocks, I think they were supposed to be)? I didn't believe that there were really people inside there. I still think that it was all computerized and then at the end they just had all those people jump in the boxes to pop out and wave. It was all too perfectly timed to be people in boxes, I think. Anyway, did I mention I LOVE the Olympics!?

Kris said...

yay for the Olympics! I'm glad some one else on here loves them as much as I do, oh wait you grew up with me, of course you love them too it's in our blood!
Like the music, by the way. I didn't see the blocks thing but I saw clips of it later it looked cool.

Unknown said...

GO US WOMENS GYMNASTICS!!! They are totally going to win this year! I'm sad I can't watch every minute of it :( But we are thinking of leaving even earlier...like the 14th and stay over the weekend. Your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

The Winter Olypics in Vacouver are 2010!! Get your facts straight! Only 2 years and the tickets go on sale starting this Sept. Can't wait to watch speed skating with you know who, Apollo. Who wants to join Wendy and me for the trip?

Love, MOM

Kara said...

Were/are you a gymnastics woman?

Rachel Holloway said...

It is so fun, huh?! I love it!!! Gives me goosebumps!

adrienne said...

Living here with my in-laws, I get WAY TOO MUCH sports on a daily basis, so I'm not as excited this year. BUT I am very excited to watch gymnastics and diving!!! And the equestrian events with my horse loving Macartney! Yay for the Olympics in Canada in 2010! It should be interesting.