Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lots to update
I know it's been a while. I've been busy. My sister and her hubby came down for a visit on their way back out west and we were glad to have them. So I had to clean my house and prepare for guests. Then we had fun spending time with Kim and Tyler. E was SO excited to have her Auntie Kim and Uncle Tyler to play with, because mommy and daddy are so boring!

Friday while Daddy was at school we took the newlyweds to the zoo, which I think was more fun for Kim and Tyler than my kids (my kids have been a million times) but we all had lots of fun any way. Kim was excited to see the Dolphins, they really are cool animals to watch! AND Kim got to touch an Elephant which she was excited about too, so this is why I say Kim had more fun than the kids. Since we have a zoo pass E has done it all already but she was excited to show Kim how its done. E got to feed a giraffe and was not the least bit scared, she walked right up to it and shoved her hand right in the giraffe's mouth, it was so funny. Later that night we lazed around and watched a lot of Olympics. Kim and Tyler haven't had a t.v. for, well since they've been married so they were excited to enjoy the Olympics while they were here.

Saturday Kim and Tyler were so nice to offer to watch the kids while we went shopping in the morning :) Okay so I said "we're going shopping we'll be back" and headed out the door with out the kids, but whatever, they were totally thinking "hey we should offer to watch the kids for them" I could just read their minds. So thanks for being so willing to watch the kids for us ;) After that we all went out to dinner at Outback to celebrate Kim and J's Birthday, but it was more for Kim then J. Then we went home and had a little birthday party for my sweet little boy, he's 2 I can't believe it! After that we spent time with a friend from back home who's hubby is also attending Dental School here and it was nice to see her and her hubby.

Sunday was rough, E was sick (which I didn't know until we got home) and was being a pill all through church. She insisted on being with Kim and Tyler the whole time so they got to enjoy Primary with us, how exciting for them ;) When we got home E had a high temperature and was really complaining of a sore throat, I felt so bad for her. So we didn't do much on Sunday but we ALL got a nice nap, even Kim and Tyler. It was a much needed nap for them since every day from the time they got here they were woken up SO early, like 8 or 9 am! That's horribly early I know! Okay so they were coming from an hour behind us so it was earlier for them, I just like giving them a hard time. We were all tired after church and were grateful for tired kids so we could sleep too, it was nice!
Monday was a sad day for poor E. Her favorite Auntie and Uncle had to leave and she was still sick with a fever and chills, come to find out she has Streph throat, no fun. We got her into the Doctor today and she's on medication and should be back to normal soon. I hate to see my kids sick, it's been a rough couple of days and now I think J is getting sick, here we go again.
So there it is, the last few days in a nutshell. Thanks Kim and Tyler for coming for a visit! I'll post pictures of the birthday party on a different post.

She loves her Uncle Tyler
Here she is shoving her hand in the Giraffe's mouth
Showing Kim how to touch the sharks
With Auntie Kim touching the elephant


2 comments:

Katie L said...

What a fun visit! I wish my family would come and visit me-so sad! I hate it when I don't notice that my kids are sick, poor E! That is how Calvin acts too, before we catch on to the fact that something is wrong with him.

Unknown said...

How did you get all those pics from our camera? You sneaky girl! Thanks for having us. It was a blast!