For You, MOM!
This post is for my Mom. She is always calling and asking what is new with all of us, and I love it. I love to keep in such close touch with my Mom, she is there to listen to me complain about my kids or other issues and she is there to give advice when I need it. She has 7 children and I find it amazing that she keeps in such close touch with all of us when most (6) of us live away from home. That's a lot of Sunday calls to make ;)
Anyway on top of asking about the kids and listening to me complain, she also asks what C is up to in school (since she is in the Dental profession she finds it more fascinating than I do much of the time) and is always proud of him when I tell her of his accomplishments. This got me thinking... I do care how my hubby does in school and I am always so proud of him when he succeeds, I just don't care about the gory details some times, that can come with Dental stuff. I rarely post how my hubby is doing in school or what he is learning that is new and interesting on our family blog, I don't know why I guess I think that many of you may find it boring but my Mom loves it! So here ya go Mom.... and any one else who cares, but I really don't care if you care or not, this is my blog :)
In the midst of his second year C is doing quite well. He has monthly tests (those are his big comprehension tests) and he studies long and hard the week before for these major tests. These monthly tests fall on Mondays, which totally sucks for him and for us as a family, as our weekend with Daddy is lost due for the need to study for these large tests. Thank Heaven these are only once a month. He has done really well on all of his Monthly's so far and we are proud of him for that. He has other things going on the rest of the month that take up his time, research, papers, other tests and quizzes but mainly lab work. This year he has a lot more lab projects that are a lot more demanding of his time, which I think he likes because he is a "hands on" kind of guy. They can be difficult at times keeping him up all night to finish them, but he gets them done and has done really well on his projects. I know he is nervous about going in to clinic (working on real people) but I know once he is there he is going to really excel at it, he is just so good with his hands, he is very artistic and I know that will help when it comes to being a Dentist. Right now he is in Dentures lab and just finished his first pair of Dentures. I told you about it already Mom so I thought I'd show you his "handy" work. They impress me but I don't know how they are supposed to look so I'm easily impressed. They look like real teeth and that is all that should matter right?!

I think I will make it a goal to post a little each month of what C is up to in school. Not only for you Mom (and Dr. Woodard, I know you ask too) but also so that we can some day look back and remember what he went through during school and to see how far he has come. It seems like all I concentrate on is when he is going to be home from school for the day, or when his big project will be done so we can spend time with him, or when his next big test will be over. I constantly think of the future and what it'll be like for him/us to be in his career and not living off student loans (but to be paying them back, ugh), to be in a house instead of an apartment etc. etc. I have come to find that thinking this way is not so healthy, and it seems to make time go so much slower. So instead I think I will try and concentrate on how well he is doing in school at the moment, not how it'll be third or fourth year, but to think of the here and now. I think it's OK, though, to think of the future in terms of planning for it, preparing for it, and saving for it etc. I guess what I mean to say is I don't want to dwell on it, I don't want to think about nothing but the future and how "great" it will be to not be students, I don't want to obsess over it to the point of depression, not that I do that now, but I may have been heading in that direction. Maybe focusing on the "now" will help this whole experience go by faster, who knows maybe even make it more enjoyable!? So here is to my first real post on C and his schooling!
This post is for my Mom. She is always calling and asking what is new with all of us, and I love it. I love to keep in such close touch with my Mom, she is there to listen to me complain about my kids or other issues and she is there to give advice when I need it. She has 7 children and I find it amazing that she keeps in such close touch with all of us when most (6) of us live away from home. That's a lot of Sunday calls to make ;)
Anyway on top of asking about the kids and listening to me complain, she also asks what C is up to in school (since she is in the Dental profession she finds it more fascinating than I do much of the time) and is always proud of him when I tell her of his accomplishments. This got me thinking... I do care how my hubby does in school and I am always so proud of him when he succeeds, I just don't care about the gory details some times, that can come with Dental stuff. I rarely post how my hubby is doing in school or what he is learning that is new and interesting on our family blog, I don't know why I guess I think that many of you may find it boring but my Mom loves it! So here ya go Mom.... and any one else who cares, but I really don't care if you care or not, this is my blog :)
In the midst of his second year C is doing quite well. He has monthly tests (those are his big comprehension tests) and he studies long and hard the week before for these major tests. These monthly tests fall on Mondays, which totally sucks for him and for us as a family, as our weekend with Daddy is lost due for the need to study for these large tests. Thank Heaven these are only once a month. He has done really well on all of his Monthly's so far and we are proud of him for that. He has other things going on the rest of the month that take up his time, research, papers, other tests and quizzes but mainly lab work. This year he has a lot more lab projects that are a lot more demanding of his time, which I think he likes because he is a "hands on" kind of guy. They can be difficult at times keeping him up all night to finish them, but he gets them done and has done really well on his projects. I know he is nervous about going in to clinic (working on real people) but I know once he is there he is going to really excel at it, he is just so good with his hands, he is very artistic and I know that will help when it comes to being a Dentist. Right now he is in Dentures lab and just finished his first pair of Dentures. I told you about it already Mom so I thought I'd show you his "handy" work. They impress me but I don't know how they are supposed to look so I'm easily impressed. They look like real teeth and that is all that should matter right?!


Also, C got extra money so he could buy some Loops (the special glasses Dentists wear to help them see the teeth more closely and they really help with posture, those are loops for those of you who don't know) These are expensive glasses but are pretty much needed, especially for people with bad backs and C has had lower back issues for quite some time. With all the time spent in lab we figured he should get them this year. He purchased them and got them a couple months ago and has so far been happy with them. I thought I'd show you what they look like, and how professional he looks in them.
I had to quickly snap a shot of him while he was trying them on, that's why it is kind of blurry.
His very expensive loops with the light on top, nice though right? There are more expensive ones out there but we stuck with the some what affordable ones, what ever that means (it's all loan money any way).
I think I will make it a goal to post a little each month of what C is up to in school. Not only for you Mom (and Dr. Woodard, I know you ask too) but also so that we can some day look back and remember what he went through during school and to see how far he has come. It seems like all I concentrate on is when he is going to be home from school for the day, or when his big project will be done so we can spend time with him, or when his next big test will be over. I constantly think of the future and what it'll be like for him/us to be in his career and not living off student loans (but to be paying them back, ugh), to be in a house instead of an apartment etc. etc. I have come to find that thinking this way is not so healthy, and it seems to make time go so much slower. So instead I think I will try and concentrate on how well he is doing in school at the moment, not how it'll be third or fourth year, but to think of the here and now. I think it's OK, though, to think of the future in terms of planning for it, preparing for it, and saving for it etc. I guess what I mean to say is I don't want to dwell on it, I don't want to think about nothing but the future and how "great" it will be to not be students, I don't want to obsess over it to the point of depression, not that I do that now, but I may have been heading in that direction. Maybe focusing on the "now" will help this whole experience go by faster, who knows maybe even make it more enjoyable!? So here is to my first real post on C and his schooling!
3 comments:
That is sweet! My mom always seems to call when I need to talk about things the most- they just know.
Love the cool specs-hahaha I'm glad he is doing so well...now how much schooling does he have left? I wish Michael did something that interested my parents-haha!
Great looking dentures, C!! If I am not mistaken those were done on a typadont (sp?) and not a real person, right? Those loops will be a lifesaver for your back, you'll see. We are all very proud of you!! Someday I still want a tour of your school :)
How do you even make dentures like that? They look like real teeth! Cory is so smart and artistic...lucky girl ;) Almost as lucky as me!
Post a Comment