Saturday, November 08, 2008

Halloween Pictures.....Finally!
I haven't been so great at keeping up with the blog. I have a hard time getting pictures up here I feel like I have less and less time recently to take time for other things let a lone the blog, not sure why?! Any way so here are our Halloween events......

We missed the ward trunk-or-treat because of our Nauvoo trip but that is okay it was cold and rainy that day anyway and they had to move it inside so we weren't too bummed that we missed it. I forgot about E's party at school and felt kind of bad about it, hence the words "kind of". They weren't allowed to wear their costumes this year which was a bummer and totally lame, honestly they are preschoolers who cares let them wear their costumes, any way..... I wanted to be one of those "cool moms" and send treats for her to share with her whole class but I forgot and she didn't know any better anyway! As you can see I have a hard time getting in to Halloween. It's not that I hate it, I just don't feel the need to get all into it, though I think it's cool and fun when people do get all decked out with decorations and costumes. I have a friend ( you know who you are ;) who goes all out ever year with decorations and costumes and parties etc. and she just loves Halloween, I think that is awesome and fun but for some reason it's not my thing to do, maybe some day I'll get into it.
Going on....
We did carve pumpkins this year, that is as "into it" as we got this year. My hubby's cool creation on his pumpkin was a hit with the trick-or-treaters that came to our house. It did turn out pretty cool looking if I do say so myself, can you tell who it is? And the one E and I did was just silly, her choice in face was a goofy face, sounds like my girl. We called him Dooface.
Who is it?
Jack the Pumpkind King! From Nightmare before Christmas. Pretty cool!
E with her Dooface!


On Halloween we just went around our neighborhood with the kids and their buddies and hit lots of houses, it was fun... long, but fun!
What were my kids you ask? Well I asked E a while before Halloween what she wanted to be. Her costume ideas changed on a daily basis until I said "You can only be one, choose one!" So she decided on a Fairy. So I went to the used childrens store to find an inexpensive costume for a fairy. I found nothing but short little fairy costumes with little fabric to cover my child. Knowing she would freeze in one of those "tiny" costumes I opted for this white dress that was long (she could wear pants under it if needed) and could pass as a fairy costume. Plus we had some white wings at home already, they were more angels wings but whatever, it worked for us. So when I brought the dress home ($4 by the way!) E LOVED IT she tried it on and wouldn't take if off, she even did a modeling shoot in it, she's a crack up!
She told me that this costume was, and I quote...a "Princess, Fairy, Angel, Bride" dress and that is what she wanted to be for Halloween a Princess Fairy Angel Bride. What a funny girl I have. I tell her she can only be one and she finds a way to incorporate 4 things into one costume. And when people asked her what she was she would tell them "a Princess Fairy Angel Bride" she got a lot of "oh wow!" in response to her long name to her costume but she loved it. My poor deprived J boy was a tiger which was passed down from his big sister, but when I tried the costume on him early in the day he did NOT want to take it off. So even though it was a hand-me-down he loved it and that is all that matters right?!

We had fun and the kids collected way too much candy which is more than half gone already, what can I say we like candy around here! Here are the pictures.....

Here she is showing off her princess, bride hair
The white around her eyes was "a fairy dust mask" it looked so much prettier and cooler in person, these pictures don't do it justice. I was trying to be creative with her Long named costume I had to do some thing different. It was just some silvery shimmery eye shadow I had and I just dusted it all around her eyes, she thought that was pretty cool. As you can see Mr. Tigger was not happy, I think he just wanted to get out and get some candy.
So there ya have it, our fun but simple Halloween.

5 comments:

lynsey said...

that pumpkin is awesome! probably the best one i've seen this year. and of course your kids look so cute. love the hair!

Katie The Lady said...

I swear, E is one of the most beautiful girls in the world! She looks so pretty with her costume and hair done up. And J makes such a cute tiger. I LOVE the jack Skelington pumpkin!!! That is awesome!!

Unknown said...

Ha ha that is too funny about the E costume. Tyler and I had a good laugh at that. Nice work C with that pumpkin! So talented. Glad you guys had a good Halloween.

Naomi said...

that pumpkin is so great! and your kids look so cute! we miss you guys!

Wendy said...

The most beautiful Princess Fairy Angel Bride I have ever seen!