Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's COLD here!
Ugly winter has officially arrived! And by "ugly" I mean: pretty much all the leaves have fallen off the trees, leaving ugly brow exposed branches, the grass is not as green and pretty, the beautiful green of the humid Mid-West has gone away and it is COLD, freezing in fact but no SNOW! I don't mind the cold but would love it to be followed by beautiful white snow. But no, it's just freezing and ugly out, blah! I hate it, because my kids look out side and see the sun and think "it must be nice out, lets beg mom to go out side" and then I tell them "it's cold out, you don't want to go out there." but they don't seem to believe me until I let them out and feel it for themselves. Winter is torture with kids, they miss playing freely out side with out the worries of hats, gloves, coats etc. For some reason they don't love being bundled up so going out side is hard during the winter. It's only tolerable to be bundled when there is fun snow to play in. Yesterday we had a few flurries, nothing to get happy about. Here's to a long cold winter. Nice warm weather, we'll meet up again in March or April, the sooner the better!

Oh and no one has said anything about our new header on the blog. I decided it's time to get the newest E family portrait up here on the blog. This is how E has been drawing our family picture lately, notice how she draws me :) she does this with good reason, that's all I'm going to say, if you can't figure it out, well too bad!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha I noticed your new header right before I read this post. Nice little stomach she is drawing you. That is hilarious!

Well, don't complain too much about the weather. Have you already forgotten how it is where you used to live?! Actually, this week it has been in the low 50's and sunny. But we won't get warm weather again till June :(

Denisse said...

MY sentiments exactly about the winter and kids...it's just hard, I took them out to the playground yesterday and came back to the house 20 minutes later because it was coooold!!!!! :) I love the super cute header and does the drawing of your belly mean what I'm thinking????....

lynsey said...

hooray kristen!!!!

congratulations, right??

Wendy said...

Cute new header. I especially love the hair on you and her. Makes you both look a little demonic, I think. But in a cute way.

Toby and Tammy said...

Wahoo! Congrats! When are you due?

Klingler said...

Cat's out of the bag! Let me know when it really is though! When we getting our massages?