Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Day!
Yesterday C actually had a snow day! The whole campus (not just the dental school) was closed due to the 13" of snow we got. I don't know how many years it has been since they closed the whole campus due to weather but they did it yesterday.

It was nice to have Daddy home, although the majority of the day he studied, did some preps for lab etc. At least he had time to shovel the snow off and all around our cars and he got to play in it with the kids for a while before he hit the books. It was a fun day!

The kids were excited to see all the mounds of snow again (remember our dump we got while at my parents for the Holidays?) J immediately said, after looking outside, "I go home? OK!" By that he meant go to G-ma and Papa's house. He now calls that home, silly boy. I guess all that snow reminded him of "home" and he wanted to go there. Should I feel bad that my kid thinks his home is not where it actually is? Well I don't. I think he is just confused still.

After the snow finally stopped coming down, look what a beautiful day it was outside....

I love going in the snow and playing in it with the kids, except.....It takes about 15-20 minutes to get the two bundled and myself ready to go out and it takes the same amount of time for them (well J at least) to get snow up the sleeves or down the coat or get too cold and want to come back inside. All that work for just a few minutes, some times doesn't feel worth it.



With Daddy home, the kids wanted to be around him all the time, especially J. Like I said before Daddy had to get some preps done that are due Friday and J stood by him for who knows how long, just watching and getting in the way. It was so cute though, to watch my boy watch his daddy at work! I like the one of him resting his head on the table watching so closely. What a cute boy I have!

Yesterday E came in the kitchen where I was busy and said "Mommy you have to come to my wedding OK?!" I replied that of course I would come to her wedding. I didn't realize she was getting married that very second. She handed me some "gifts" I was to give to her after the ceremony, and asked to come right then.

I went in the living room and was told to sing "the song". I started singing "Daa dum da dum" (the wedding song) and she walked slowly across the living room floor, holding her bouquet and looking like a beautiful bride. Then she came to me and opened her arms, for the gifts, which I then congratulated her and gave them to her. Who she married, I'll never know. She just wanted gifts I think.

Where does she get this stuff from?! It was hilarious! Then we went back into the kitchen where I was then told to take pictures of her wedding day. So there ya have it my daughters first wedding to.... no one. And look how cute her bridal pictures turned out.

What a fun day we had. I'm glad we had so much snow that they canceled school. Who would have thought that in graduate school you'd still be having snow days?!

2 comments:

Clinton and Jessica said...

you have such cute kids!!

adrienne said...

How fun to have a snow day! When D worked construction, I loved having rain days and he didn't have to work! So fun! I love the pictures of J watching C work.