Happy Birthday My little man, I mean BIG boy!
I can't believe you have been my baby for three years! I'm glad you get to be my baby for so long!
I love you my little J boy! I fell in love with you from the time I found out you were a boy, I wanted a boy and I knew you and I would have a special bond and we do!
You came into this world 5 weeks earlier than you were supposed to. You stressed me out to the max only because at the time I thought it could not have been worse timing. Well come to find out it was perfect timing. I think you came so early because you really loved your sissy from the start and couldn't wait to be reunited with her. I know she was excited to meet you. She loved you from the start, still does.
You were so little and fragile and cute and hairy! Yes it's true you were quite the hairy boy, but it was so cute! It broke my heart to see you all tubed and corded up in the NICU, but I knew you were in good hands and if it were not for these professionals you may not be with us today. I just wanted to hold you and take you home, but I could not. It was just over two short weeks that you had to stay there and then you were ours to care for good.
Something I have not put on the blog about you when you were first born:
Since you can early, I had no name picked out at all. We had been so busy with planning the move, moving up to my folks house for a couple of moths, then off to the Midwest went Daddy to find a job and a home for mommy and sissy, I just didn't have time to think of a list of names for you.
We knew you were a boy and that was it. I did find a liking to the name Eli and was set on that if nothing else came.
Well you came early and took us all by surprise and so we took one look at you and knew it was not going to be Eli. I didn't feel like that was your name and Daddy either agreed or just didn't care one way or another ;)
So on the second day of being in the hospital they started bugging me about giving you a name, the nurses etc. I told them I was not sure yet. They kept bugging me saying "well, you can not leave this hospital with out giving him a name." even though I knew that was not true. They just have a system and it works and they wanted it done their way. I knew you'd be in there way longer than a few days so I didn't care.
That afternoon or evening I don't remember when it was, I just remember I was sleeping, I was between sleep and waking up where I was out of it but coherent enough to know I wanted to go back to sleep. Then it came to me, in my head as I was half asleep, J J J J I kept repeating it in my head (if you don't know his name you can leave a comment and I'll email it to ya ;) Then I woke up quickly and said it aloud J! It sounded so sweet and as I said it again I could picture your cute little face and so....
there it was. I named you.
I called C and asked him what he thought, he said he liked it.
So it is J Eli Harker! This is how you were named. I like the story and some day I hope you appreciate it too.
I think it was meant to be your name and I love it!
You and your Daddy have such a sweet relationship too. He loves you more than you know! You are his boy. I love that he puts you to bed every night and I think that you like it too, just you and Daddy time every night. I hope you grow up to be a good man like your Daddy.
We all love you so much!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
The birthday boy, the BIG 3
Posted by Kris at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ohh how sweet! I forgot how round and chubby he was! So cute ;)
Post a Comment