Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First two days of school

Yes, I have pictures to document E's first two days of school.

Day one:
She woke up very excited for school. She ate a big breakfast and we all jumped in the car (except Daddy who was already at school).
I was not as nervous as I thought I'd be. I did not have her ride the bus in the morning because I wanted to take her on her first day and of course get pictures.

Look how excited she was! She loves her Hello Kitty back pack! J boy had to feel apart of the exciting day so he put on his "pack pack" and jumped in most of my pictures, except this one :) silly boy.
Waiting outside the ECC (Early Childhood Center) that is the name of her school and yes, it is all JUST kindergarten classes, like 20 classes of k-g, crazy I know! (see j boy, feeling like a big kid thinking he's off to school)
E girl in front of her cubby in her classroom. While I was takingher picture J boy decided to go hang up his bag in someone's cubby and head in to class. He was heart broekn to say the least when I told him he could not stay.

I told many of you this.....
I didn't cry....
until on the way home J was still sad from me telling he could not stay, he said "Mommy, where's Daddy?" I told him he was at school. Then he said "Mommy where's E?" I told him she was now at school. He looked at me with watery eyes and said "Mommy I sad, where's my sissy, I want my sissy!" I broke down and started to cry and then he said "Mommy you can't be sad, just I can be sad." What a funny boy I have.

J and I went to the YMCA. I dropped him off at the "child watch there" he loves that place. He feels like he's going to his school. He puts his "pack pack" in a cubby and gets to play and color pictures, while I went and worked out. It was nice!

After school pictures:
Hugs from brother, he missed her! She was so tirsty she couldn't put down her drink for the picture.
I picked her up after school and she talked my head off the whole way home, about how much fun she had, I was relieved! When we got home after the conversation had died down and I was getting ready to take more pictures she randomly said to me "Mommy, SCHOOL RULES!" It was so cute.
Loves from Mommy, I missed her!

Day two:
I love this...this is the face she made when I asked her if she was excited to ride the bus in the mornig. "Duh mom!"
waiting on the corner for the bus in the morning. (she only rides the bus to school, I pick her up every day)
She was so excited to ride the bus, until it pulled up....She froze I told her to walk toward it. She did and the would not get on. Her eyes were wide with a combination of fear and excitment. I had to walk on the bus with her. I told her to sit down. She just froze. I sat her down. Then off I went and the bus pulled away. It made it hard for me to see her scared like that. But when she got home she said it was fun to ride the bus, I think it was just more than she expected.....more bus, more kids, bigger seats. Her eyes were just so wide. She loved it though (in the end).
J boy sad that his sissy was leaving. Actually I think the sun was just bright in his eyes.
Watching sissy's bus leave. He wanted to get on so bad, sorry buddy!
We have all survived E's first two days of K-garten. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. She is exhausted at the end of the day but that is ok. I think the reality of it all is setting in more deeply to me, but I'm trying to stay positive, even with lack of sleep.

I'm just happy that she is LOVING it all! It makes it easier on me. Yay for my big girl going off to school (I think)

4 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

Oh my! I think I'm having a hard time with this as well. She is getting so big-- and that hair. Where did it come from? Sorry to keep bringing it up, but last time we saw her, she had zip,zilch,nada, you get the idea. What a beautiful girl.

Adri said...

I'm jealous.

adrienne said...

I love it. J looks so cute watching the bus go!

Unknown said...

I still can't believe she's going to school AND riding a school bus!!!