Monday, December 14, 2009

He just doesn't get it

So I don't want to leave the blog with that last depressing post, so I will tell you a funny story about my J boy (again, it's always about him these days, I know).

He's not quite getting this whole "baby in my tummy" thing. Some times I think he understands where the baby is growing and other times, not so much.

We got those magazines/booklets they give you at the Doctors office that show those really amazing detailed pictures of the process and growth of the fetus in the womb. You know the ones I'm talking about right? My kids both love looking at each stage. E asks "where is our baby at?" and I'll show her the picture of the week in which our baby is at. It's cute how interested in it she is, and she gets it. Although, now, she's asking "How does the baby get in the tummy?" Uh I'll tell ya that when you're older! She'll say "Is it like a trick?" Yeah, it's a trick you can know some day, and only use when you're married.

Well J boy does not put it together that the baby is in MY tummy and not just in the book.

One day he was carrying around the little booklet looking at each phase and picture saying "This is what the baby looks like!"
So I asked him "Yes, buddy but where is the baby?" He points to the book and says "In the bubble." By that, he means the Yolk sack. In each picture it shows the baby inside the sack and to him it's "the bubble"

So I tell him "Yes, it is in its bubble but that is just a picture. There is a bubble and baby that is in my tummy, that is why my tummy is getting bigger."

I then explain to him that the bubble is in the tummy and it helps protect the baby while it grows in MY tummy (with emphasis on "in my tummy" in hopes of him getting it). I then tell him that he was once a tiny baby just like that one, in my tummy and that he had a bubble too, to help protect him until he was ready to come out and be with us.

I say to him "You were in a bubble in my tummy a long time ago too, and then when you were ready to come out the bubble popped and out you came." I thought maybe he'd like to know that he was once like the baby too.

Apparently that was not a good thing to say. He bursts into tears, real tears, and is crying and saying "NO! I want my bubble, don't pop my bubble, I want my bubble!" then he says "Don't pop the baby's bubble, don't pop it!"

I had a hard time not laughing, I really was trying to take him seriously but I could not help but chuckle and smile at his response to his "bubble being popped". So of course he gets mad at me for laughing at him. I try to explain that he was ready to come out and didn't need his bubble any more but he still was upset about it.

What a funny kid.

His poor bubble got popped and he wants it back!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh, Kristen. Jonah is hilarious. Why would you do such a thing to him, popping his bubble!? Haha, love this.

Kristin said...

I meant Kristin with an I! I'm so used to all my Kristin friends spelling it the other way, hard to get used to being Kristin #3. :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha that is the funniest thing ever! I know I say that about every story you tell about that boy, but he says/does the funniest things! I immediately cracked up with this one.

adrienne said...

I love it!

Breanna said...

oh my!!! That is TOO funny!