Wow we've had a rough week around here. My poor poor E girl is so sick along with J boy and even Daddy is sick too but it's nothing compared to what E is going through.
I'm just going to complain a little on here, sorry but it just might make me feel a little better. I'm one tired Mamma, dealing with sick kids is exhausting some days.
A couple weeks back I had that awful chest cold, it was NOT fun! And now my hubby and children all got it and started showing symptoms of it this last weekend. I HATE seeing my kids and husband sick. I feel so helpless and yet I want to do every thing I can to take care of them and make them comfortable.
J and C are doing ok, it's never fun to have a bad cold but it's manageable for them. Nights are tough with J some times because of his wheezing and nasty sounding cough, but he'll survive. Daddy has rough mornings trying to get up and go on with school and his daily tasks but he's doing okay and doesn't complain much for which I am grateful, he's such a good Man.
But oh, poor E here is the story of what she has gone through this last week.....
Sickness #1
She has this awful cold which I'm assuming it is a type of croup because of the way J boy coughs (it sounds like he's barking!) and I know they have the same thing. With croup, kids older than three usually don't have the bad sounding cough, it's mostly just like a bad chest cold. So E has this croup/chest cold thingy where she coughs a lot, wheezes at night, has a sore throat, swollen glands, runny nose......you know, the works!
Sickness #2
Then she starts showing signs of a yeast infection (mind you, she has not been on any antibiotics recently). She started saying it was itchy down there a week or so ago and that it hurt to pee. So when it started to get really red on Thursday I took her in to the Doctor to see if was a yeast infection. The doctor said her Strep test came back negative and her urine test was clear (think she was testing for a UTI) and that it was most likely a yeast infection. She gave her a script for topical Nystatin and sent us away. Well it did not get better, in fact it got worse. I'm talking red all over down there, burning up heat down there, red blisters......it looks awful and nothing soothes it, she's constantly itching down there. I called Monday to tell them it was worse and they give her an oral anti fungal medication. Well today it was not any better either. With being on two medications for yeast and it was only getting worse I decided to call the Doctor again today.....to be continued down below......
Sickness #3
Last night she had a fever and was complaining of her ears hurting. She also was still complaining of her hurting "bum". I called the doctor like I said and took her in to have them take a look at her ears and bum. What do ya know? She has a Double ear infection. The Doctor said they were pretty bad ones too. NICE!
Sickness #4 (#2 Continued)
Her yeast infection is most likely not a yeast infection because it is not responding to the meds but it very well may turn into a yeast infection since she has to go on antibiotics for her ears. So I need to keep her on the medicine for it just incase. The Doctor said it might be Vulvitis which is just irritation of the girl parts down there. Usually this has to do with dryness, sensitivity to hygiene products or her lack of proper hygiene (wiping wrong etc.) and some times it's a combination of these. The only treatments are to put diaper cream or Vaseline on it to keep protected from friction and dryness and to keep it clean. The Doctor said since she's been itching it so much it might have turned into a bacterial infection since it looks terrible down there and that the antibiotics will help the bacterial infection if that is the case.
Oh yeah one more thing...... last but certainly NOT LEAST #5...... she has contracted LICE from school and I discovered it this weekend while all of this other stuff has been going on.
HA HA HA HA! (me laughing so hard I'm crying or maybe it's the other way around) It's so sad and pathetic that it just makes me laugh. It's like a nice little Cherry on top for this poor girl. Here ya go, if you haven't been tortured enough (or tortured your mother enough) in the last few days.....Here's lice for ya!
Thank you, thank you very much! AAAHHHAHHHHH (me screaming and pulling my hair out)
So yesterday and today I have done seriously more than a dozen loads of laundry. I vacuumed every carped surface in my house. Pretty much cleaned my house from top to bottom. My sweet husband who is ill himself helped me out so much yesterday and we got almost all of the laundry done and put away, it was a miracle really! Have you every seen all the laundry in your house in one big pile? Well, including all sheets, towels, wash clothes, hand towels and clothes for four people, it's a lot! He also checked me for lice/nits (what a great man!) twice and thank Heavens nothing was found.
Also yesterday on top of my spring cleaning I found time to treat poor E for the lice and checked her head for the nasty bugs and nits more than 5 times. Today I've done another few "checks" and I think she's in the clear, for now. I think it will be our daily ritual to check for lice/nits in this girl until school is out. She will also be sporting a pony tail with her hair glued to her head every day for the rest of the year. I hate lice.
Poor J boy is acting up so much, mostly because there is a lot less attention on him because of all my time energy and attention has been on E or cleaning the house. I feel bad for him, but he's just gonna have to get used to it, we have a baby coming soon and we all know how much time they take.
So yes, I know I sound like Debbie Downer. Yes, I know I'm complaining but I feel like I kind of have a good excuse to at this point. I'm just tired, tired of not being able to wave a magic wand and fix it all.
I am grateful for many things and this is what I need to focus on now so I don't go crazy.....
I'm grateful for an amazing husband who is sick and still helping me out so much.
I'm grateful this isn't happening to me so I can be the one to take care of her and every one else in the house.
I'm grateful for an awesome friend who has helped me out so much, letting me use her washer and dryer so I could get all the millions of loads done in one day!
Most of all I'm grateful with how patient E is being. She's so sick and yet she just deals with it so well. She hardly complains. She didn't really complain at all while I dug through her hair a million and one times for the nits, while her nose was a dripping facet and her ears hurt and her bum hurt. She was so good about it all.
Last night she said "Mommy, why did all this have to happen to me?" It broke my heart! I just wish I could fix it for her, but I can't. I must wait for the medicine to work and her body to heal itself and it frustrates me. I'll survive though, and so will my sweet E girl.
((SIGH)) I feel better. Thanks for listening to me vent.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
It's been a rough week!
Posted by Kris at 12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Seriously, I am crying for poor little E!!! How horrible! I hope you all feel better soon.
O MY GOSH!!!! That is so horrible!!! I am so sorry, I wish I could be there to help you out in some way!!! I HATE lice, too!!!! THE WORST!!! Your poor little girl!! I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!! If I felt a little burnt out on my life you sure made me realize the blessings I got going on right now!! Take care!!! :(
Ohhhhhh my goodness, what a nightmare. I feel so sorry for little E! How absolutely miserable. I would be acting like a whiny little baby if I were E right now. Or you, actually. I had no idea things were so crazy! Let me know if you need any help! I hope all E's ills get cleared up fast.
Holy Cow! Talk about when it rains it pours....
I'd say you are due for a "sick" free home for a while. And being pregnant taking care of everyone and everything does = EXHAUSTING!
Same thing happened to me. Everyone was sick, Kurt was gone all day at work, etc. The positive, it sent me into labor:)
I think you win.
You have every right to complain! I hope everyone (especially E) is better soon!
Wow, you have it all. Sorry to hear about everything that you are going through. That totally sucks, hang in there
Post a Comment