Saturday, February 06, 2010

Little Italy

We were at the Kids Doctor's Office the other day and we were in the room waiting to see Dr. B.
On the wall was a map of the world with all the Countries labeled. To keep my boy from tearing the room apart I had J boy point to the countries and I would tell him what it was called. He got to the fun boot shaped country and asked "What is that one called?" I answer "Italy" E girl quickly whips around and looks at me with excitement and says "Hey, that's a cute name for our baby girl!"

It made me laugh, mostly because she was so serious. I guess it is kinda cute but if I named her that, then I'd feel obligated to take her there and I don't want that obligation :)

Last night when E was giving me good night hugs she wrapped her arms around my round belly as far as she could and started talking to the baby. It was priceless. Then I said "OK E, say good night to Little Italy and it's time to go to bed now." I was just messing around with her to see what she'd do. She started laughing and then I realized how funny it sounded and we both laughed.

The joke in our house now is that we have Little Italy in my tummy. So her nick-name while in the womb is "Little Italy" and it suits her (for now).

(Here she is Mom, Little Italy! Sorry it took so long to get you a picture of the ultrasound.)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Ha! It's official. :) And Little Italy is obviously a very pretty little fetus, judging by that ultrasound.

Rachel Holloway said...

that's too cute!~! But It's a great nickname! :)

Allie said...

There is a restaurant here called Gloria's Little Italy. Maybe you should name her Gloria. Haha. Italy could maybe be a middle name...maybe.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for baby's first picture. I really can't read it very well but we are assuming that she will be as darling as the others!

Klingler said...

O little Italy - I love you already. I looked through your posts and about died laughing at J's pic of the body paint. Haha - what a funny boy.