Saturday, September 25, 2010

1st Camping trip as a family of 5

So we finally went camping this season. It was fun and it went surprisingly better than I thought it would go with five of us in one tent. It was probably our last time we'll be able to go this season and probably our last time while we live in this part of the country so I'm glad we took the opportunity to go.

We went to a new place and we really liked it a lot. We took lots of pictures so be prepared to scroll down for a while.....



LOOK! There was almost a whole little forest of Evergreen (pine) trees. We don't see many of those around these parts and it made me miss Washington, The Evergreen State.

We forgot our roasting sticks so we had to make our own out of branches. E's response to using sticks to roast hot dogs and marshmallows "Eeewww gross!" ha ha! It made me laugh because she gets so dirty she practically eats dirt while we're camping, that should really be the least of her worries.
E wanted to build her own little mini fire on the grill of the fire pit. Here is daddy helping her get her little fire going...

Poking at the mini fire

Happy little Lady. She did this much of the time, sit in her bouncer smiling at nature.
This kids LOVES fire, I'm not sure it's healthy for him to be such a pyro so young, I'm scared for when he's a teenager.
Off of our camp site we had our own personal trail into the woods. The kids LOVED it! That is where they spent much of their time.

The coolest part of our own little trail.....it led to this little open bowl type area which they had fun pretending and playing in.
looking into the "bowl" from above.

The kids' favorite part of camping? Hands down, the fire at night. They LOVE to poke and prod at it, and just stare into it. It's kind of funny.
Second favorite part? Staying up late and sleeping in a tent.

Fire pictures...
It was so cute to watch Lou lou. Look how mesmerized she is by the fire. She just sat there like that most of the night before bed time.
The kids trying to be "scary" with their flash lights. If you look closely (click on the picture) you can see marshmallow all over J boys face among other things :)
It was a nice cool morning the next day, it felt so good!

Breakfast time!
look at that boys face! Ha! I'm sure it got worse than that. You can tell how much fun they had while camping by looking at how dirty they got
Lou lou, again sitting in her bouncer like a good baby all bundled up in the cool morning.
Seriously, I could put so many pictures on here of her, she's just so dang cute I can't stop taking pictures of her.

Well there ya have it, our first and maybe only camping trip of the year. It was just one night but hopefully that will give the kids their "camping fix" for the year.

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

SO FUN! And not so bad, huh!?

What a great place--I am impressed, because it looks WAY more primitive than the place we went!!! I couldn't do without our bathrooms. :)

Katie The Lady said...

I can't believe you took a baby camping! Glad it went well, though! I love that J is such a little pyro-hahaha. Looks like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Wow, that place looks super nice. I wish I could have come :( Thanks for posting all the pictures. We are so used to seeing you guys twice a year I feel like it's been forever now since we saw you last. The kids are getting so big!

Trevor and Holly said...

How fun!! I think the fire thing is just a boy thing my kids are crazy about fire, too!! It is scary to think about them when they are older and you can't be with them every second of the day making sure they are safe!! Your little kiddos are still as cute as EVER!!! Miss you!! Holls

Clinton and Jessica said...

Emily was the same way when we took her camping a few times this summer! I couldn't believe how much she just loved being outdoors! And all three of your kids are adorable, but little lou lou....SO CUTE!!!