I rarely do updates on the blog about me or about C. It's usually about the kids and for good reason, they have more to update on, they are always changing so fast. And us? Well we've been doing the same things for the last three years.
So today I'd like to do a post on my husband and myself. Mostly my husband and my thoughts on him.
Most people do not like going to the dentist.
You are probably one of those people.
You might feel like this when you go....
OR this....
Or this....
I don't blame you either, I really don't. Usually it's not "fun" going to the dentist. I completely understand it.
BUT I don't mind it!
Don't get me wrong, I don't like getting fillings, I don't like rubber dams, I don't like getting shots even though I don't hate them, I don't like holding my mouth open for too long because of my TMJD. I don't like hands shoved in my mouth.
but, it never has bothered me to "have" to go to the Dentist. I grew up in a home where we went twice a year every year. My Mom has always worked for a Dentist and that is just what we had to do, go every six months.
And even though I have bad teeth (I just get cavities no matter what I do) I still don't mind going. You're going to think I'm crazy but I have never hated getting the shot to numb you up. I don't like it, but I can hardly even feel it to be honest with you. I guess I never really developed a fear of the Dentist so all the things that go on there that people hate and/or fear I never really was scared of and so it never bothered me. I think a ton of it can be in your head, but that's just me and my hypothesis.
Oh and I also don't mind it, because I LOVE my Dentist. Really, I'm in love with him :) I can say that now because C is and forever will be my Dentist. I love seeing him and not just because I have to because he's my husband and it would be insulting if I asked to see some one else, But because I love going up to the school to see him at work doing what he likes doing and learning as he goes. Just watching him at work, learning and doing it for me and his family makes me fall in love with him all over again. He's my sugar Daddy :)
I really do think it's fun. And at first when we show up together at the school I feel like we're on a date, ha ha. I know it sounds funny but my braind will automatically think that with this equation in mind.... me+C-3 kids=date. That only lasts for a while until I have to hold my mouth onpen so he can put his hands in there :) and it only bothers me because I have TMJD, other wise, eh it's just C doing what he does.
So to actually update on C (thanks for hanging in there with me)....
He's in his 4th year, yes that means it is his LAST year of Dental School. I am so proud of him! He's done amazing, he really has and all the while in school he's balanced his time with school, church, family and yes even his beloved Mountain Biking and that's not easy to do. He's worked hard these last three years and four months and I couldn't be more proud of the work he's done. Seeing him up in Clinic working, I just watched as he was confident in his skills, I was so proud. Eight more months left of fourth year and they are not an easy eight months either, but I know he can do it and know he will because he's that kind of man.
Some times I feel like complaining to him, and I probably do some times, about my day or about the hard parts about just staying home and dealing with, eerrr I mean, raising the kids. But then most of the time I try and stop myself, because I know he works hard at school only to come home and not be done working, he has to work at his family and being a good husband and father doesn't come easy.
Looking back on the last few years here I am amazed at the man I married. He's the same yet he's changed and grown so much to become even better than he was the day I married him (that's hard to do, because he was perfect in my eyes back then ;). I love him for all that hard work he does and I know every bit of it is for us and not just him. I'm glad he likes what he does, that means a lot to me to have him doing what he loves to do but even if he didn't love it I know he'd do it for me, for our family because that is the kind of Husband and Father he is.
Not matter if he was a bus driver or a police officer or a Business manager or whatever I'm proud he chose to work and work hard so that I can be home with the kids, doing what ultimately I love to do (though some days I just have to tolerate it) and be a Mother and a Wife.
So we're on the count down of eight months until he graduates and after that who knows where life will take us. Hopefully we can be closer to family, ultimately that is the plan. As much as I've enjoyed our married lives as poor students I'm looking forward to the new road a head of us, and not living off student loans :) that will be nice too. Change is good, and I will enjoy now as I look forward to the future.
As time gets closer we'll know where we think we'll be going and hopefully by graduation C will have a job somewhere, we're hoping out West and I'll be sure to keep you up to date on where we'll be.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Change is good
Posted by Kris at 12:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
these guys in school really do amaze me! It's awesome that you got a great guy, who can work on those teeth of yours~ :)
And definitely agree--change is good!
Post a Comment