Where to start?
uhhh, oh yeah....
I have hives all over my body, well had hives all over, they are slowly going away. I looked like a leprosy patient, it was even on my face at one point! Yep, it's miserable and I think the most annoying part about it, next to the itching, is that I don't know what caused it and I probably never will! I hate not knowing how to prevent this from happening again. It's been awful, to say the least. I hope to never feel what it is like for my skin to be on fire but if I were to guess what it felt like, it would be like these hives!
It got really bad last night, so bad in fact, that in the morning I had C take me to the ER to get steroids to help kick those hives in the butt, literally.
Don't you just love it when Doctors say "wow, this is the worst I have seen on any patient." It's so comforting, I love it, personally. No but really it doesn't make me feel any better, and NO I will not let you take pictures to put in your slide shows or text books!
At one point he said "If these don't work and you get worse, like blistering and bleeding, we will need to admit you to the burn unit." WHA!!!? I guess it was getting close to as bad as it can get. So yeah it has not been fun, at all. BUT the steroids are working, I am now one pumped up mama :) with my hive slowly disappearing, THANK HEAVENS!
Now that I have the prescriptions filled and I am all medicated up I am slowly feeling better and I no longer look like a leprosy patient. Wo hoo!
Later in the day I also had some stomach reactions (yes I threw up, I know too much info) so that leads me to believe it might be a virus or more likely it is food poisoning caused by the yummy McDonald's I ate yesterday. Yay for Mc Donald's! Either way, it's miserable.
In other news.......
E went to the Doctor the other day, the Dermatologist actually, and is now being sent to a Plastic Surgeon to get a mole on her face removed, well I guess it's more like her forehead/hair line area.
I think it sounds weird to say "I need to get my 6 year old Daughter in to see a plastic surgeon." I feel like those freaky Pageant Moms who spray tan their three year old daughters for Beauty Pageants, they are only THREE!
I know I have a better reason for sending her off to the surgeon, it's not like I'm getting her lipo suction or a face lift or anything like that. I think they want her to go to this Pediatric Plastic Surgeon because it is on her face and they realize it could scar and they want little scaring in the process of removal because of it's location. Makes sense to me.
No, it's not a "dangerous" mole, well yet any way. It grew and got big, and it changed so quickly even in the last year that I'd rather not risk it and just get it removed and the Dr.'s pretty much agree, well they are the ones who suggested it and I agree with them I should say. There is another one on her face, her left cheek that the surgeon will look at too and help make the "call" on whether it should be removed or not along with the other one.
She's a funny girl. I over heard this conversation she was having with J boy on the ride home. Keep in mind I had just explained to her every thing that me and Dr. talked about....
J boy says or asks some thing, I'm not sure what
E: No J it's called a Mole and it can turn into a worse sickness so they are taking it off of me
E pointing to her mole on her cheek: But THIS one, well I don't like to call it a mole because that sounds yucky, I like to call it a beauty mark because I like it and it makes me feel pretty.
J: and they will take that one off too?
E: No, I don't want them to, because I think I look pretty with it.
Ha ha ha. Can you tell she's been told by her G-ma more than once that her mole was a sign of beauty, calling it a beauty mark? Well apparently she feels it is just too pretty to take off.
Later we talked and she said if it was going to be a "dangerous" one as I called it, then she would like it to come off so she won't get really sick. BUT if it's not dangerous she wants to keep it :) What a smart and funny little girl.
Any way there is a little medical update on me and E girl. Fun times with moles and hives :)
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Medical updates
Posted by Kris at 8:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ooooh bummer! bad news in the health department!!! Hope those hives clear right up!
And I used to have a "beauty mark" on my right cheek. Everyone always thought I had chocolate on my face (like from a chocolate chip or something)...so I jumped at the chance to have it removed when the dr. offered. :)
Mom says I'm having sympathy hives, mine are localized to my face so not quite as bad as yours! Glad you are feeling better though.
Post a Comment