Monday, January 24, 2011

Kids say.....

Yep, this is one of those posts where I record silly things the kids say so that I can remember them. Like it or not, here it comes.

Story #1:
E, J boy and I were in the kitchen doing a crafty project. C was doing dinner dishes, which usually mean he turns on some good tunes. We had on some Feist. Then this song came on....




E and J boy were intermittently dancing the whole time but when then this particular song came on, after a while E's body begins to "jerk" as she says...."Mmmhh! I just can't help it. I have to dance! This music is just so moovey and groovey." (I agree, it is a very "groovy" song) As she then let it all go and busted out into full body convulsions! Picture Elaine from Seinfeld's "dance moves". It was one of those "You had to be there" moments and it was hilarious! So I wanted to record it. She cracks us up.

Story #2:

We get home from church and I ask J boy if he can go up to his room and lay his Sunday shirt on his dresser and I tell him that later I will hang it up in his closet as he is too short to reach and if he does "reach" it means he climbed up on his dresser which I do not like. He says to me "No, Mom, I can do it." I sigh and figure he'll give up after a while, or at least that is what I was hoping he'd do.

A few minutes later he comes down stairs and says "Look Mom I got two "hookers", see I can do it." as he produces in his hands two hangers (no he did not produce two actual hookers) C and I could not help it we just busted up laughing. Then we quickly composed ourselves, knowing how J boy reacts to too much attention on him.

He then continues on, not even knowing what he has said or how silly it sounds "I just know how to get hookers.....I'm a big boy see I got two hookers....etc. etc." all the while C and I are trying hard to not laugh so he doesn't, one, get mad at us as he does when we laugh at things he says or does, and two, so he doesn't continue to use the term hookers thinking it is funny and one day completely embarrass us in public. I could just hear it, J boy piping up in Primary on Sunday "We have lots of hookers at our house......" etc. you get the point. I did not want that to happen.

After composing myself enough I quickly explained to him that those are actually called hangers NOT hookers, and hopefully he remembers that come next Sunday in primary :)

I love it when kids say those things that just take you by surprise but give you a good laugh, it's great, it really is!

I wonder what this C-u-t-e little lady will some day say to crack us up?

6 comments:

Kara said...

You are such a good story teller. Ah... I think I dance like Elaine.

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

E's story was really funny, BUT I cry-laughed at J boy's story! Oh my word that is funny!!!

Katie The Lady said...

I'm very glad he didn't come down from his room with two hookers-hahaha! So funny! Your kids are a crack up!

Kris said...

Kim: E's was more of the "you had to be there" funny. It was her tone of voice she sounded almost like a black lady "Mmmmh! It's just so moovey and groovy!" it was funny.

Oh and C and I remembered what one of the things J said about the "hookers" that really cracked us up....He said "I just found two hookers laying on my floor." HA! It was great.

Klingler said...

Oh Man! That was a great laugh. Thanks.