Have you ever wondered what a weeks worth of laundry for five people looks like all in one pile?
Actually this might be only half a weeks worth, but lets just say it's a weeks.
As you can see that is the couch with laundry piled on it and then we have, count them, 4 laundry baskets/bags all filled with laundry, and actually that isn't even all the bed sheets, those were already done and put back on beds.
I just had to record what laundry looked like with JUST five people because some day (Not any time soon, I'm not announcing anything!) there will most likely be more than five people I am doing laundry for and the pile will only be bigger. So when that day comes and I am grumbling to myself about my least favorite thing in the world, laundry, I can look back and say "Ahhh look how much easier it was when there were just five to do laundry for" and then I will go about doing my endless work of laundry.
FYI: The reason I hate laundry the most (a close second is dishes for the same reason) is that it is NEVER ENDING and NEVER DONE! I never feel like "Ahhh yes, laundry done. Check. Moving on to another task." Nope, it's always like this "I guess I'll do another load of laundry, again!"
I had every single piece of laundry done in our house, cleaned (mostly put away) and less than three hours later I had enough dirty laundry to do another load, and before that load was even finished I had more piled up. It's a losing battle, laundry is always a head of me, he is always winning!
So if you are like me you understand my hate/hate relationship with laundry. I really just hate it!
Okay I'm done ranting about how much I hate laundry. THE END!
3 comments:
DITTO! That is what my upstairs hallway often looks like (because our washer and dryer are in the hallway closet). It just gets so crazy and out of control! Then when I actually get it all washed I have that sized pile on my couch to fold...and then it begins to build up again upstairs! NEVER ENDING!!!! I feel your pain!
AMEN! It's like, how the heck do we have so many clothes!?!? :) NEVER, NEVER ENDING!
That's so funny that you posted this. I just about took a picture today to record what it looks like for 6 people. I estimate I do at least 10 loads of laundry a week. And we have a really big washer. I don't mind doing the actual laundry... it's the folding I hate!! Most of the time I get so behind that I haven't put away the last loads by the time I have to start again. Grrrr.... You're right, never ending!
Post a Comment