Ode to Mr. Harker....
A while back my good friend had tagged me on one of those “6 facts about you” things and I had just done one not too long ago so I thought I would give six facts that not many people know about my Husband. There are probably a lot of things people don’t know about him so I hope he doesn’t mind me putting a few of my favorites up here :) I Love you Hunny!
First I want to say he is a wonderful Daddy to his two kids. I love to watch him read a book to
1. C served his mission in Cali Columbia in South America. Being the shy teenager he was it was a hard decision for C to decide to go on a mission but he has told me it was the best decision he has made in his life (next to marrying me) and an amazing experience that he would have regretted not doing. I'm always proud of him when he tells me about it and I'm glad he trusted the Lord enough to go. He speaks Spanish very well and has had many opportunities to use it and will have many more in the future with his career I'm sure. I know how nice it will be when he has his own Practice and will be able to offer his services to those who speak Spanish who might have that language barrier with other offices. And now he will be able to help my Brother keep up with his Spanish when he gets home from his mission as he is in the Jacksonville Florida Spanish Speaking Mission. I'm so proud of my Brother as well(I just had to throw that in there).
2. One of my favorite things about C is his love for school and he uses it in his every day life. Let me explain: he loves Anatomy and really enjoyed those classes he took. He is not bothered by cadavers at all and actually finds them interesting (it would gross me out, I don’t think I could handle it) he actually wanted to take me to the cadaver lab at school when he was a TA for the lab, funny right?! He remembers every part of the body, all the bones, tendons, ligaments, muscles, everything (okay so some times he forgets some of them but he remembers much of what he learned in those classes). So when I tell him that my leg hurts he’ll continue to give me a whole Anatomy lesson on what muscle that it is that hurts, he’ll say “that’s your gastrocnemeous bla bla bla…” I love it though! "The foot bone's connected to the leg bone, the leg bone's connected to the knee bone..."that's my anatomy vocabulary! It makes me laugh when he goes off on one of his anatomy lessons but at the same time I’m proud of him and all that he does with his schooling.
3. Some of you may not know this but C is EXTREMELY ticklish. I can get him laughing pretty good but it’s kind of hard to do because he gets very protective of himself when I try to tickle and him he will fight me off (in a very loving way) and then begin to tickle me because I’m pretty ticklish myself, so me tickling him doesn’t last long because he’s stronger than me.
4. C is a handy-man and I love it. He can do all kinds of things around the house and has even done some electrical stuff to fix our place up. He can do basic car repairs and maintenance which is nice because we have two cars to keep up on now. I remember when I was a silly college girl and I made a list of qualities I wanted my husband to have one of them was that he needed to be a handy-man and look at me now I found my handy-man! I’m not the only girl that made that list admit it ladies you did it too! Any way, it really is nice to have a hubby that is good at that stuff and he doesn’t mind doing it either. I think he actually likes it because he gets to use his skills he learned when he was working with an electrician and doing construction.
5. Many of you know C as the outdoorsy kind of guy, and he is, but some of you may not know how artistic he is. He has always been artistic and took some art classes at Ricks/BYUI and did very well in them. Here is one of his drawings he did of a picture of E, pretty good right?! He mostly draws and sketches, I have yet to see a painting of his but if I remember correctly he did do some in one of his classes. Any way he has an appreciation for all the arts. He receives these emails with an attached painting of the week in them. He really enjoys looking at art. I guess we should actually go to a museum while out here in a big city. He always says one day when he can afford to have hobbies he would love to have a wood shop and just make furniture, sculptures, etc. out of wood. He really enjoys working with his hands and is really good at it so it’s a good thing he went in the direction he did with school. He is very talented in the art area of school as well and I’m so proud of him in all he does to further his education and work towards his career.
6. Last but not least, C can’t yell. I know it sounds weird but his voice just doesn’t do that. He can raise his voice but not yell. I remember the first time I heard him try to, it was pretty funny he was trying to yell across a field at some one (I can’t remember who it was) but it was funny because he just couldn’t project his voice loud enough to get their attention I had to do it for him. Going along with the whole voice thing (I hope he doesn’t mind me sharing this) many people have told him this before it’s not just me, but he has a very(dare I say) sexy phone voice ha ha ha I know what you’re thinking but I guess it’s because he has such a soft tone to his voice it is very soothing. I could listen to him talk for hours because he has such a nice tone to his voice. Any way, he’s gonna kill me! I love you babe! I share all of these secrets about you because I love you :)
I hope that was as fun for you to read as it was for me to write. I love my husband dearly and I just had to share these fun facts about the man I have come to know so well. Here are some of my favorite pictures with C and the kids. Enjoy!
2 comments:
That is so sweet!!! What a perfect husband (especially the unable to yell quality!) The picture he drew looks just like the photo of Eden, just wonderful!!!
What a great little tribute to your husband!
Post a Comment