Our Little ArtistI just wanted to show off some of E's drawing skills since she has been going crazy drawing on the chalk wall recently. We have been taking lots of pictures of her chalk art because eventually we have to erase them to make room for more. I'm impressed with her drawings and maybe they are average for a child her age but I'm so proud of her any way. Since preschool she has been really into crafts, activities, and drawing. I think she has found that she is good at "school" and so she has fun practicing it at home.

I was writing the ABC's on the wall for her to look at and she wanted to copy what I wrote so she would write each letter next to the ones I wrote. She did pretty good and I only had to help her with a few of the the letters.

E drew this family of birds all by herself. She thought they were pretty funny because of their silly googily eyes.

C and I couldn't believe she drew this with out any help (pay no attention to the half erased smiley face underneath her picture). I know it's mostly circles but do you recognize who it is? She said to C "look daddy it's Arthur!" She was watching the cartoon on PBS called Arthur and they were showing and explaining how the artists draw Arthur and she went up the the chalk wall and just drew him! I think she has her daddy's artistic abilities. She was so proud of her Arthur picture and so are we.
6 comments:
Wow! Her pictures are wonderful! Those letters look great too! We are just starting to teach Calvin to write letters, but he's not sure what hand to use yet. They look great- good job Eden!!!
Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Kudos to Eden for a great drawing and I knew exactly who it was, we watch a lot of Arthur at our house. Miss you guys!
hey kristin, my husband is currently doing his 3rd year of dental school here in san antonio, tx. I'm glad that we're almost done with it all... well maybe a couple of more years after dental school for a specialty program. hey take care and your kids are super cute!
She's such a cutie and smart little girl! You better be careful with her when she gets older!!!! All the boys are going to go crazy!!!:)
i love that wall, that is such a great idea. eden is awesome at her letters. i can almost hear her valedictorian speech right now. :)
Ok, seriously-she writes just as good as Isaac and he is in the first grade.
Post a Comment