Yesterday I signed up both my kids to do this Lowe's "Build it" Mother's Day work shop today.
They got to build a planter for their Mothers. Lowe's even gave them a plant to put in it.
The whole thing was free! They got the planter kit, a plant, an apron and a name tag, goggles and an "I Built it Certificate" and a patch to sew on the apron saying what they built. They have these work shops going on a few times a month. Usually they are on Saturday mornings. They are free for the first 50 children to register on line. If you are interested go here. I know Home Depot does these kids work shop things too. I'm sure you can look them up on line as well.
They got to build a planter for their Mothers. Lowe's even gave them a plant to put in it.
The whole thing was free! They got the planter kit, a plant, an apron and a name tag, goggles and an "I Built it Certificate" and a patch to sew on the apron saying what they built. They have these work shops going on a few times a month. Usually they are on Saturday mornings. They are free for the first 50 children to register on line. If you are interested go here. I know Home Depot does these kids work shop things too. I'm sure you can look them up on line as well.
It was so fun! It gave us a reason to actually get out in the morning on a Saturday! That never happens around here.
The kids loved it and C and I loved helping them. It was so simple even a 5 year old could figure it out. They were so proud they built it "all by themselves"!

The kids loved it and C and I loved helping them. It was so simple even a 5 year old could figure it out. They were so proud they built it "all by themselves"!
Ha ha ha, this picture makes me laugh! I made him wear the goggles for this picture so he posed for it and then put the goggles up on his head the rest of the time. He did not like wearing them for some reason.

Look how proud J is in the middle picture. He kept turning it upside down and saying "Look Daddy/Mommy it's a house, I biwt a house!'


E was really proud of her project too, but for some reason she did not smile in the picture above. But I assure you she had tons of fun!
Then off we went, home to paint them. I think that was E's favorite part, she loves painting.
And, viola...Their finished projects. I love "my" planter gifts from the kids. Even though I know they won't give them to me, they want to keep them for themselves. That's ok with me. It was just fun to watch them enjoy building them.

2 comments:
So cute. That's great it was free. Happy Mother's Day!
Ha - that pic of Jonah made me laugh so hard. What a poser! Micah misses both his girlfriends. : )
Post a Comment