Wow, I feel like I have been so busy. I feel like I have little time to blog but I thought I'd update you on what's going on with us.
Well after the Grandparents left they took the nice weather with them and it has been rain, rain, rain, almost every day since they left. It hasn't been too cold, but just muggy, rainy and wet. The kids have been going through lots of clothes these days as rain + dirt+ kids=muddy mess! Lots of laundry, yay! I got the kids these cute umbrella's and they love tromping around in their rian boots holding their umbrella's even if it isn't raining.
We got the RS garden in the weekend we had our company here. I'm getting so excited for fresh produce from the garden. Mmm, there is nothing better!
A while back I noticed a Robin making a nest above our front porch near our door in the corner. We finally saw the nest was finished with the mother bird sitting inside.
By the look on her face I could tell she was protecting something precious in the nest. Yep two little blue Robin's eggs. I had my neighbor (who is taller than me by a couple of inches) stand on our cable box and hold a mirror for the kids to see the little blue eggs, boy were they excited! I love having a nest near by, it reminds me and E of the book 'Are You My Mother' I remember reading it as a kid and loving it and now I read it to E who also loves it. So you can imagine how excited she is to see a Mother bird sitting in a nest on her eggs. E and J along with the all the neighborhood kids have been digging up my "landscaping" mulch finding worms for the mother bird. So sweet, but not so sweet for my poor dying bushes and plants. And my mulch is spread across the porch, lovely! Oh well.
OH OH, big news! I registered E for Kindergarten on Thursday. Man, I cannot believe she is going to go to school, real school. K-garten here is required full day 5 days a week, so she will be leaving me all day every day for....well forever! She will leave every morning for school (except weekends and summers) until she is all grown up and leaves home to go to college. I'm starting to get depressed. I'm so nervous but I don't want her to see how nervous I am. I want her to know it is going to be awesome and she is going to learn so much and have so much fun, but I also want to just hold her tight and tell her I will miss her and I'm scared to send her out by herself into the real world. But I won't, I won't do that to her.
Other news...E's best friend moved halfway across the city. She used to live just a few doors down and now they have moved on. E is driving me NUTS asking when she can go see MJ's new house. She asked the first day like every minute, until I threatened her to make her stop. Now she just asks once or twice and hour :) I don't blame her though, they were bestest buds and I'm feeling sad that my friend for two years now, has moved 20 minutes away instead of being the 20 seconds down the street. ((Sigh)) I'm happy for them, but I sure will miss walking out the door and watching my kids run down the side walk screaming "MYLIEGH" and "WIWUM" as they notice they are out side too. I will also miss me not being the only Mom on the block yelling at her kids to turn around, get back here, and to play nice. Now that they are gone, I will be the only Mom yelling at her kids to be good. I'll be okay though, no I'm not crying...ok maybe a little
Other news...C is finishing up his Second year of Dental School. That is exciting! Half way, baby! Just two more to go. Also he gets to start Clinic (working on real patients) starting in June. I know he's excited/nervous about that. He's going to do great though!
Well this post has been long enough, not to mention a tad boring. But I feel better about updating this so, that is all that matters right!?
Signing off for tonight.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Keeping you up to date
Posted by Kris at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW! Fun update! Lots of cool things happenening there. LOVE the picture of the eggs! SOOO COOL! Did we miss a m24 picture from you this week?? I don't recall seeing it...
Ok, so #1, I registered C for school too. I know he is ready, but looking at him he just seems so small to be gone all day. #2, you are not the only one left who yells at their kids, come hang out by us, you will see!! And #3, I can't believe we have been here for 2 years (3 for you I guess) and that our husbands are going to be working on "real" people so soon!! Fun times!!
It seems like our weather is just one day behind yours, hot for a few days, then rainy for a while and soon to be sunny and mild. I love the kids umbrellas!
Quitealot of updates! I love the pictures of the umbrellas- your kids are so cute and sweet looking. That is awesome the bird's nest is right above your door- so cool! Yeah, Calvin is only going to be gone 1/2 the day, and I'm going crazy thinking about it. They drive us (moms) nuts everyday and we take them for granted, thinking they are so little and there is plenty of time with them...and then they leave and we're not ready at all to let them go!
Congrats to C for completing 1/2 way of dental school- that is so awesome!!!!
Post a Comment