Thursday, May 28, 2009

Their new tricks

With all the nicer weather we've had come our way the kids spend a lot of time outside. I guess I can't say the weather is nice but at least it's not raining. Now it's just hot and humid, ugh. We went straight from yucky cold wet weather to hot and humid, where did our nice spring go?!

Anyway....

We have two trees right across the street from us and the kids love to climb them. E can get up in and down from the tree all by herself. It has surprised me a little how brave she is when climbing her tree. She's usually pretty cautious about things and doesn't like to take risks but she sure loves climbing her tree, she is fearless.

Another favorite thing to do when it's nice weather is ride bikes. The kids love riding back and forth on the side walk in front of our house.

Thanks to some friends of ours, J has a nice big boy blue (don't forget it's blue!) bike to ride this summer. He LOVES it, and that is an understatement! He cannot get enough of "my big blue bike" as he calls it. We put it out back in our yard when he's not riding it and the other morning I went to get him out of bed and I heard him crying. I came in and he was looking out his window that faces the back yard and he was crying saying "my blue bike is getting wet, it is raining on my new blue bike." He was so sad that his awesome blue bike was getting wet. Silly boy, he is obsessed with his new bike.

It took him a while to get used to riding a bike that was up higher (before he had one of those hot wheel bikes that ride low to the ground) but he caught on quick and now is flying down the side walk. We need to get that boy a helmet! Last year E had an accident on her bike (she tipped it over going around a corner too fast) and would not ride it the rest of the season. This year she is more confident in her bike skills and loves riding her bike. She also flies down the side walk on it. We need to get both of them helmets!

So there ya go Mom. Videos of the tree climber and our newest bike rider! I hope you like them.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember we used to do the same thing on our tree in the back yard. We would pick branches and that was our room...that's funny that she does the same thing!

J looks good on that new bike of his. So grown up!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kristin for taking the time and effort to post your blogs. Those videos made me cry. Those grandkids are so smart and sweet. Tell them I miss them.

Dad

adrienne said...

Good for J for being able to ride a big boy bike. M can't do the big girl bike yet and I can't get T to figure a tricycle out! I'm going to work on that this summer!

Allie said...

I think tree climbing runs in the family. We lived in that tree in our backyard growing up. At least I know I did. I LOVE climbing trees!

Breanna said...

oh, that really made me miss being a kid! I used to love climbing trees and making forts.