I have been neglecting to post more things about my silly but incredibly funny children. I realized lately that my J boy is starting to talk, a lot! And everything he says is pretty cute or funny, most of the time.
So here are some J-isms:
"Hey Mommy know what?" (he'll say this to E and Daddy too) he then proceeds to tell me or daddy or E what he is doing at that exact moment, as if we didn't already know.
"I'll hold it for you, k!" meaning I want what you have in your hands and so I'll "hold" it or take it from you, is basically what this means.
"I love it!" said with such excitement. He tells me this when I suggest he wears something else or puts on a new pair of shoes etc. but "I love it mom!" in other words I'm not going to change it.
"I sink so?" translation "I think so" but he says it in a sort of question way, with the voice rising at the end like you do when asking a question. I just love how he says this because he usually says it when he's not quite sure, hence saying it like a question.
"oh, I sorry, I'll kiss it better for you." He then proceeds to gently kiss my "boo boo" I love how he says this. It's usually after I stub my toe or announce out loud that I have an ouchie. I love how he says it because it is his longest sentence and it sounds so cute coming out of his mouth. He's also so sincere when saying this, so cute!
Just in the last week or so he says "Grama does!" he says this after I tell him, "sorry buddy, we don't have ____ (something like candy or ice cream)." he then announces "Grama does!" HA! I know grandma is cooler than me and has everything but don't rub it in.
He announces when he toots and burps, it's hilarrious because he always says "Burp-toot!" one word meaining the same thing, he tooted or burped.
And my favorite phrase...."I love you too mommy." I never get tired of hearing that one!
I'm sure there are more, but of course when I go to write them down I forget some of them.
I decided today I would focus on what I love about this silly little boy, because he has been driving me crazy the last week or so. He's into this whinny-throw a fit-whine some more-phase in stead of calming down and using his words to tell me why he's upset. I love it, just kidding. It's driving me NUTS!
We've been working on it. I think I say a hundred times a day "Use your words buddy" or, "I don't understand whinny language, when you can talk like a big boy I'll understand you and help you." etc. you know the phrases I'm talking about.
I'm sure E went through a similar stage but it's a tough stage to battle and I'm at my whits end with this kid. I will survive and hopefully it kicks in soon and he gets it.
Whinny-ness =nothing.....Words= Mommy listening to me.
Right? He'll get it soon, won't he? I sure hope so.
I love this little boy, whinny-ness and all! But I'll love him even more when he quits whinning :)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
J-isms
Posted by Kris at 9:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It will come. He's getting really good with words - so I am sure it will come. Micah is getting to be a bad influence on that little fella - sorry!
I can't believe how much he is talking. Crazy! Can't wait to see you guys again soon. Oh and I liked the post below with the fun FREE activity at Lowes. Who knew?!
Those are so cute! I just love the way small children word their sentences!! What a cute boy...even if he is extra whiny lately-hahaha!
Post a Comment