Saturday, September 19, 2009

"I miss my Mudder"

J found a 'capatiller' as he calls it, in the back yard yesterday and LOVED it!

Literally loved it

Like, kissed it, loved it. He's silly that way.

After loving it for several hours in the house, we tell him it's time the caterpillar goes back outside. Well this just didn't fly with this boy. He starts whining and crying "No I want to keep my capatiller whaaa whaa!" You know the routine.

So to comfort him I tell him "Buddy, the caterpillar misses his family and wants to go home. Wouldn't you miss your family and home if you were taken away from them?" I'm sure you've used this one too, it's a classic!

He agrees with me in a pouty kind of way. Then he looks out the back door towards where the caterpillars home is and says "But but but, I would miss...My Mudder (mother)!"

I know he doesn't even know what "Mudder" is. He's quoting Peter Pan by the way :)
So I say "Oh you will? who's your Mother J?"
he says "My capatiller is my mudder."

OK whatever dude! He is so random.

I tried to explain that Mother and Mommy and Mom are all the same person.
NO THEY ARE NOT! Apparently.

Mommy and Mom= ME!
Mudder=His caterpillar.

I'm not sure what that says about me and my position in his life. Maybe he should just go off and live with his caterpillar if he loves it so much!

So the best part of this story is this....
Today after putting him down for a nap I go to clean the kitchen with E and I look down by the back door and there is his "mudder" crawling on the floor apparently looking for her "son" J boy. I had to laugh!

C said he threw him over the fence!
And she came all they way back and in our house just to find her J boy.

So in went his mudder into a jar with leaves, grass and sticks. And there she will stay until she croaks probably. Hey that sounds like my future not too far off, living in my sons house (hopefully not in a jar) until I croak. Wow, so symbolic HA!

Kisses!
Ew that tikles
Sweet talking to his Mudder

2 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

That is so cute! I love him kissing his mudder-hahahaha!

Unknown said...

That boy cracks me up! He's so loving of....EVERYTHING! So sweet.