Friday, September 04, 2009

So much to tell...
I feel like I have been busy, too busy to blog, but then I look back at the last couple of weeks and think "What have I even done?"
Well....
Yesterday I stayed home all day and cleaned my entire house top to bottom. Which doesn't seem like much since we live in a small three bedroom town house, but still it had not been cleaned, I mean really cleaned, in a while. We're talking wiping down walls that had dirty fingerprints all over them, that kind of cleaning.

Here's the best part, I spent my entire day yesterday, inside cleaning walls and windows and toilets and floors and the list goes on and on and no one even noticed! NICE! Oh the joys of being a stay at home mom. Actually I lied my neighbor noticed, but that is kind of sad that she is the only one that did and sad that my house was that bad before that she noticed it was finally clean.

Any way besides me cleaning my house every day because it is undone the minute after I do clean, I have been busy with other things going on.

First trying to get in to a routine with E going to school. I've got the morning down pat because I just put her on the bus, but with me picking her up everyday, I'm working on doing more before the time comes to pick her up.

Another thing keeping me busy.....Potty training my boy, fun times!

J is doing great on the potty! We started potty training the week after his b-day (three weeks ago) and it was a struggle at first. He caught on to going #1 (pee pee) really fast but the going #2 (poops) on the potty, uuhgh!

What a nightmare!

BUT he's been doing great the last 4 days or so. He has finally caught on that it is GROSS to POOP in you underwear! He is doing so good now I don't want to jinx it.

Yesterday or was it the day before? I don't remember these days just blend together. Anyway, he just walked in the bathroom put the seat up, pulled down his pants and went pee, pulled his pants up, flushed, washed up and came out! I couldn't believe it! He just went all by himself with out coming to me saying "I got to go pee pee" and then me having to race him in there and help him with everything, nope he just went because he knew he had to go, it was AWESOME!

Since that first time he did it all by himself, he now always wants to go by himself unless it's poops, then I insist that I help until he has that down too.

And, can I just say I think potty training a boy is easier, well for the fact that he doesn't have to wipe every time (when he goes pee that is). And he can just pull down his pants just a little "go" standing up, pull up his pants and he's done, it's nice. I even taught him to "wipe the seat" if he makes a mess and funny thing is, that is his favorite part ha ha ha, he's a silly boy.

I was worried at first to let him go standing up for fear of the messes he may make but....how do I put this....he's got pretty good aim! Nuff said :)

So, I've got the kid trained.
Potty train my boy, CHECK!

My life seems to be some what monotonous these days. I feel like I'm doing the same things over and over, although I know I've been getting out doing different things. I think it was this potty training thing. I have focused for so long on J getting it down that everything else seems to be a blur.

I think we went to the fair some time in there.

I think I picked a bunch of raspberries and made some home made jam, some time ago too.

We found a litter of kittens in our back yard, the momma abandoned two of them and got to keep them for a day until we found a new home for them.

I'm sure there were some other eventful things going on in our lives during J's potty training extravaganza, but I just don't remember them all.

Yeah, I think I'm glad that this potty training thing has come to an end (I hope) and now I can enjoy life again. Yippee!

3 comments:

adrienne said...

Do you want to come potty train Thatcher after you're done? I think that's a good enough reason to come visit me! Good for J!!
Yes, life can definitely get monotonous. I hear ya!

Klingler said...

What? Your house always smells so good from your cooking and we especially love it when you bring treats over for us! We gotta love that! (Is that begging yet?) Hope Jonah doesn't get into finger painting any time soon with a certain color. : ) Let's get out and break up the monotony!

Katie The Lady said...

congratulations on the potty training! That is wonderful! I've been having Ronin sit on the potty since I trained him, last January, but I've been trying to teach him to do it standing lately. My problem is that Ronin's pee stream naturally aims to the side, so he has to work extra hard to aim in the center-hahaha! Good times!