Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's like love but more than love

E said to me yesterday
"Mommy, I just love love love my baby sister SO much. It's like I love her, but it's more than love."

As soon as she said that I totally got it. In fact I was just thinking about this the other day.

There is no word in the English language or any language that can possibly describe how I truly feel about my family...... my husband, my children and my family in which I grew up in.

"It's like love, but more than love."

When I see my husband scoop up our baby and cuddle with her, or when I watch my kids play and laugh together, or when I hold my baby for hours it fills me with a joy and love that is so much more than just that, it's hard to describe.

It was so sweet to see E recognize that feeling too.

If only words could describe our true feelings.....

3 comments:

khepworth said...

Kristin, your Little Lady is so sweet! Congratulations on number 3!

Rachel Holloway said...

SO TRUE...and so profound! :) love it!

Unknown said...

That is too precious! "It's like I love her, but it's more than love." She is such a smart 6 year old. I desperately need to get plane tickets out there!