Sunday, May 30, 2010

Jealous, who me?

My husband loves me, this I know.
I know there is no one else he loves more than me, this I am sure of.

I'm not the jealous type at all, really I don't think it's worth it to find things to be jealous about.

But after seven years of marriage I have found there is one "lady" I have to compete with for his attention, and I have found I can get slightly jealous.

This "gal" takes my husband away from me on many Saturday mornings and even some times on holidays ((GASP))!

He even took a 10 day "romantic" trip with her to Moab! Yeah, I know right?!

Five to six months out of the year he thinks about her often and takes every opportunity to spend as much time as possible with her.

She takes him away from me/us when he has a day off, and this gets me slightly jealous.
I was totally fine with her at the beginning of our marriage. This relationship seemed pretty harmless between the two of them. But over the years my tolerance for her has begun to dwindle and some times I find myself glaring at her as she sits up on her pedestal.



SO....
You want to see a picture of my competition?








Here she is, in all her dirty glory.
OK, I'm being slightly dramatic and very sarcastic.

I found this picture on our camera, that my husband had taken of his wonderful Mountain bike and thought it was funny that he would take time to snap a picture of this "love" of his, all dirtied up after one of his rides. But would he snap a picture of me all shower-less, make-up-less and unkempt? NOPE. (for that I am grateful).

I just thought it was funny and anyone who knows my husband and his love for his hobby will find it funny too.

I call this his shrine (my mom named it that, and it stuck with me), where he hangs his "baby" in our house. This is our stairwell in our house, where she swings from our ceiling.

He could NOT keep his bike outside to get all rusty and ruined. Since we live a town house with no garage and no decent sized storage he got creative and this is where "she" hangs out when she's not in use, from the ceiling in our stairwell. Creative, no?

Okay, so I don't even know if its a "she" and I'm really not jealous of this bike, I'm just being silly. I'm posting this mostly just to give him a hard time.

I like that he has a hobby that he loves to keep up with and that makes him happy and that gives him an "out", some time to himself to enjoy being alone, it's good for him. Plus right now in his life it's his only form of exercise he's getting so it's good for him in that way too.

Although some times I do have to remind him that he can't spend every Saturday and holiday mountain biking, that he does have a family that wants him around on some of his days off...... I'm still am okay with this other "love of his.

And over the years he has gotten pretty good at balancing his mountain biking time with his family time.

AND some day soon in the not too far distant future he will get a new "love", the one he has been dreaming of for years but has been unable to purchase because his mean awful wife has told him "NO, you cannot spend that much money on a new mountain bike!"

After years and years of schooling, getting his BA and finishing up Graduate school, I will finally be the nice wife I really want to be and tell him "Yes, you deserve it, spend too much money on a bike you will worship." And then he'll love ME the MOST for letting him buy it and there will be no more competition for me and I will have the shrine in our house :)

ha ha ha ha ha ((evil laugh)) my plan will work like a charm.
Okay I must be tired, I'm getting really weird.

Here he is with her again, ugh! J/k.
This was on his Moab trip with his best biking buddy AND, by-the-way, I LET him go on this 10 day trip, making me an awesome wife. (It was his Christmas present)
LOVE YOU SWEETY!

3 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

That is awesome! You have compete for your husband's affections with a bike-hahahaha!!

You'll make him the happiest person ever, when you let him get his new love....and then he'll love you even more-hahaha.

Just awesome!

Rachel Chick said...

LOL! I don't think you're being dramatic at all! :) Anyone who has a husband with a hobby knows EXACTLY what you mean. :)

Erekson's said...

As the wife of the friend, I totally understand your "pain" LOL my competition hangs in the same spot in all her dirty glory as well, from the same dirty ride!!! Oh the things we let our hubbies do because we love them so! I loved your post