Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Feeling better

A quick up date for those who were wondering about our health situations (mainly family)....

First off, I do want to say what I was thinking about as I had this weird health thing go down.....

I usually try to be grateful for our general good health we all have in our home. No one in My house hold suffers from any major health disease or condition and for that I am grateful, always! But I find when I am not grateful for even the little things, like just not getting a cold or that I take for granted that I don't have seasonal allergies, I find that then is when these weird things happen to me. It's almost like a little reminder "Hey, guess what? Things can be worse. You need to be grateful, always." And then I realize I have been lazy in being thankful for mine and my families overall good health, even just the small things. So I will now try harder to be more grateful for my generally healthy body and for family's overall good health.

That's all about that.

Here's the update.

My weird reaction, hives, thing is gone but I am still on the medication that made it go away. Here's hoping when I am off of the meds, those nasty hives will NOT come back.

Now I'm focusing on trying to find out what caused them so they won't come back again, ever.
My only guess is that it was either something that was either in that McDonald's meal I ate or some new prepackaged perogies I made for dinner that night. In one of those two things there must have been something new to my body that it did not like, well, that's my guess anyway. Those were the only new things I ate hours before I broke out in hives.

I'm considering getting some sort of food allergy testing done. It's hard to decide if I want to get testing done because I really really want to know what it was that caused such a major reaction but we'd be paying out of pocket for such testing, in the end though, it might be worth the $$. ((sigh)) decisions, decisions.

As for everyone else in the house hold...C has been very healthy so far this season, for that we are grateful!

E and J boy have had this cough/cold thing for more than a couple of weeks but J boy is almost all better and I think it just might be on the down hill for E girl. I just hate seeing them sick, but it is getting better. Lou lou has had a small cold but seems to be dealing with it fine and I'm not worried about it.

So, right now I have nothing but gratitude for a good start to the cold/flu season in our house. Praying we all stay fairly healthy most of the season.

0 comments: