Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's good to be home!
It's been a while since we've updated our family blog but we've been on vacation having fun with our extended family. First I want to say thank you to our family for feeding us, housing us, letting us borrow cars, for money that helped us out so much, watching our kids for us so C and I could have some time together by our selves, changing dirty diapers, putting grumpy kids to bed for us, spoiling our kids (you didn't have to do that really ;) and the list goes on, for the fun time we had with both families we were so glad to see every one. It'll be hard for the kids to get used to just mom and dad around with out all the aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpas but I'm sure they'll manage.
Our flight home yesterday was interesting to say the least. I'm so glad I didn't fly alone this time! It was nice to be able to switch off with C with which ever kid was being hard I couldn't have done it alone! We had TWO layovers so we were on THREE planes before we got home! It made for a very long day! The kids did okay but you can't expect more than that from them with such a long day of traveling. We went from My folks home to Seattle air port and that was an easy flight the layover was pretty quick and the next stop was Detroit, it was a long flight but the kids did really well! The rough part of the trip was from Detroit to Home which should have been the easiest flight but it ended up being three hours from the time we got in the air plane to the time we got off the plane! There were problems with taking off from Detroit and then problems getting us off the plane when we finally got in to our home air port. We only had one bag lost of the six we checked and it was returned this morning, I was happy about that since it was mine! All in all it was a rough day but I guess things could have been a lot worse so I count my blessings and am just thankful we got home safe and that we didn't get stranded in some airport some where.
We had a great vacation though it was relaxing and nice to be together as a family with out C gone all day. It was nice to be able to get out with just me and C and go some where with out the kids. We flew in to where my family lives and stayed for a day or so then rented a car and went up to where C's family is. It was about an 8hr drive and the kids were amazing! We stayed there a week and had so much fun. E and J's only cousins are up there (C's younger brothers' kids) and so E had so much fun playing with her cousin and J and their youngest got along great too! It was cute to watch them play together. I was also able to see my very good friend who is up there with her hubby and two kids and it was so good to see her. She was my very first roommate in College and we hit it off from the very start and have been best friends ever since. Thanks for making the trip down to see us it was good to catch up and see your cute kids!
After Harker's home we drove back down to my folks place and spent the remainder of our vacation with my family. All my sisters were home for the holidays and it was so fun! It gets kinda crazy around our house with all girls but we had so much fun and they spoiled my kids rotten! I'm in the process of retraining my children at this very moment, no I'm kidding they are good kids. E and J even found that they could get away with a lot more while at Grandma and Papa's house. There were just so many people around that would give them what ever they wanted. It was fun though and fun to see my family enjoy playing with E and J. The only sibling that was not home was my little brother who is on his mission. We did get to talk to him on Christmas and that was so fun to get to hear him and that he was doing well out in the mission field. C even talked with him in Spanish and said that he is doing pretty good with his Spanish but he has a Mexican accent which I guess isn't really a bad thing :)
After the exciting week and a half at my folks house we were glad we got to go but were ready to get back home and be in a routine again. I didn't go through our many pictures but when I do I'll post some of the cute ones.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a great time! We got the Erekson's Christmas card last week...I am jealous you guys live so close! I would love to hang out with you guys!

Katie L said...

WOW! What a trip!!! I wouldn't even go 3 hours away from home for Christmas, let alone, Spokane, and Canada. You guys are very brave! I'm glad your long trip home is over and everyone is well and safe. I'm glad your kids did well for all the long traveling yesterday!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Hamblin Family said...

Welcome home Harkers. Thanks for the Christmas card. What a cute family! Sounds like you guys had a great trip.

Rachel Holloway said...

Glad you made it home safe! It is so fun to see family, and I am glad you got to do so much on your break. Good luck getting back into the routine!!