My Drama Queen/Tom boy??
Yesterday after Daddy got home and dinner was in the making I kicked the kids out of the kitchen and into the back yard where Daddy was doing some chores so I could get dinner on the table fast. I hear E playing with her brother and Daddy and then she soon yells out to me "momma, look at my slimy guys!" I later looked at what she had and Daddy had helped her gather three slugs that he found around in our back yard. She was too scared to touch them but wanted to play with them nonetheless. So Daddy put them on a foam toy laying out in the back yard and she carried them on their "home" as it was called. She put grass and weeds on it, their "food" and mud which later she told me was where they drank from. She was so excited to have her slimy family as she called them. "they are slugs E" I would tell her "no mommy they are just slimy guys." Ok, whatever.Later she put down her slug home and they started crawling off onto the ground but she was too scared to touch them and put them back on the foam toy so she began to cry, no sob would describe it better. Looking at her you would have thought I said something mean to hurt her feelings the way she was acting and she was just sad that her slimy guys were running away from her (or crawling slowly away should I say). It was almost dinner time and she was pretty upset and it was kind of cute actually that she got so attached to slugs of all things. So to comfort her I told her that they wouldn't survive on her foam toy and they were just trying to go home so that they wouldn't die. She was still not so happy about that because she had made them a home. I told her they liked the ground best and that she should make a nest for them to crawl into and they can live there. After much persuasion she found that to be a good idea and made them a new home on the ground.
So here she is collecting slugs, my little girl who is scared of spiders, bugs, anything creepy crawly but apparently not slimy, playing and loving her "slimy guys" family. So is she a tom boy or a drama queen? After this slug experience I just don't know, I can't figure her out!
I forgot to take a picture of her slimy family. Sorry but I was trying to make dinner and comfort her and help her solve this problem with as little drama as possible. Maybe next time.
3 comments:
Ha ha that is too funny. The girl always has something new up her sleeve! I'm glad everything worked out in the end.
So, I heard dad bought the little ones plane tickets for Christmas...YAY!
Those slugs were very lucky to have E spoil them for a while-hahaha!! I just love the irrational thinking of a 4 year old! What a funny girl!!
Oh what a laugh! And to think my favorite thing to do with slugs growing up was to poor salt on them. What a meanie I know.
Post a Comment