Monday, April 06, 2009

And the Results are.....

I actually checked the mail today.

I rarely check it. I guess since I know C likes to check the mail I just let him when he gets home.

Some times I will when I know some thing is coming for me, like a card or a check, you know the good stuff :)

Well C told me that his buddies got their boards results today. They took their boards the same day as C so I figured his resutls were there sitting there in the mail box too.

C called and said he was staying late to get some things done, but told me if I wanted I could check the mail and tell him his results over the phone.

For some reason I got nervous and didn't want to check the mail. I didn't want to be the barer of bad news (if it happened to be bad). I also wanted him to be able to open it and tell me the "good" news, assuming it would be good.

I kept getting nervous. So I just tried to ignore it doing the things around the house I usually do before C gets home. For some reason I did not want to check the mail.

Well I couldn't do it any longer so I ran out in the freezing snowy weather (see post below) and got the mail.

There it was the infamous letter.
Do I open it?
No, I'm too scared.
I'll wait till he comes home, he can do it.

The letter stared hard back at me as if it was saying "just open me, you know you want to"

I set it down for a while and went in to the kitchen to try and forget it was there. I cleaned up, started dinner. I could hear it calling my name.

I ran in and with out thinking picked it up and opened it.

((Gasp!))

((Sigh))

HALLELUJAH! He passed!

Next, call him now.

Calling, ringing too many times....
No answer. Okay do I leave a message? I'd rather tell him over the phone not via a message.

Ok, I'll leave a message "Hey hun it's me.....uhhh....call me back...yeah just call me back, k bye"

I'm so mean!

He calls me five minutes later.

C: What's up hun?
Me: I checked the mail
C: Yeaaahh
Me: I opened your letter
C: okaaayy
Me: (I say in a some what sad tone with a sigh at the begining) well (slight pause) you...PASSED! You did it, I knew you would!

I'm so mean!

He said "were you trying to make me think I failed?!"
Me: Kinda, I watch too much American Idol, Sorry :)!
C: well my stomach started to sink a little, thanks.

HE PASSED!!!!!! What a relief. I'm looking forward to a fun summer with no stress about C and boards. I'm sure he feels the same! Yay! That's all I can say, YES!

Love you C, you're awesome I knew you would pass! CONGRATULATIONS!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm still at work and reading your blog for the second time today. It's not my fault you post so much and I have to read it! But, I'm soooo happy for C and his smartness! Yes, smartness is a real word.
This summer is going to be fantabulous! And no, fantabulous is not a real world, but I like it.

Clinton and Jessica said...

it is a good word...(from Pocahontas comment)Good Job C....!! That is very exciting news for your family!

adrienne said...

Yay!! Congratulations C!

Erekson's said...

yeah! Congrats, that is such good news. Now you can really enjoy your summer and not have to worry about it. You'll be so so glad that he took it early!