Friday, April 03, 2009

It's official

SPRING is HERE! I think it's safe to say that spring has finally arrived and we love it.
(although our weather forecast of next week has said a chance of snow flurries, I'm still saying it's officially spring.)

Here are some things that we have liked doing this spring, so far....


Prepare for gardening. I am excited about our RS garden but I think my little E is more excited than I am about having a garden.
Swinging on swings. We love swings, too bad the parks so close to our house don't have swings.

Going on walks in the woods and looking for large leaves, big sticks, cool rocks and hoping to find a frog (although we did not find a frog, this time)Some people (mostly little people) even enjoy eating dirt, YUM!Going on walks down by the canal and having a picnic lunch on the grassy hill.
Rolling down grassy hills as fast as you can right after a picnic lunch. Whoever barfs first is the winner (just kidding). I was a little nervous that they were rolling down the hill over and over so shortly after lunch but no one got sick! The kids had so much fun rolling down this hill and it sure was fun to watch them.
Trying to figure out how to roll down the grassy hill.Oh well! Running down it is so much easier! (I love the looks on the girls faces behind J, they were having a blast!) Climbing trees! Oh how we love to climb trees, lucky for us there is one just out side our front lawn across the street!
Enjoying the beautiful blossoms popping up like popcorn , especially while we climb the trees.

Spring is so nice here I only wish it lasted longer. At least it came a little early this year and we still have all of April but soon the heat and humidity will show up and then it's back inside with kids who can't wait to get outdoors again.

Oh how we love spring!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm so jealous. I've been on spring break this week and it has rained and rained and rained. The weather man said next week is should dry out and warm up--gee thanks!

Unknown said...

Your weather looks beautiful. I woke up to 4 inches of snow on Friday :(

Looks like you guys are really enjoying it. We will be driving through a lot early than planned...