I'm having a hard time keeping up with the blog lately. It seems like life is getting more busy. I guess when you have two "callings" and two kiddos you can stay pretty busy and forget about blogging.
I'm just going to quickly blog today and then I'll update with pictures of G-ma and G-pa Harker's visit.
I just have to vent....Why is it that when my kids decide to be their worst, they decide to do it on the same day as one another?!
I can handle one cranky, whinny, bratty, sick and tired child at a time. No prob! But when they both decide to be this way on the same day I just want to pull my hair out!!! I just want to run away, hide in my room, go to sleep and wake up and it's a new day with happy children. But I can't do that, it's against the rules of Motherhood.
I wish there were actual "rules" of Motherhood. I wish I could make up those rules because I'd for sure make up the rule that there can be only one whinny, cranky child per Mother per day. I would make up a rule that says you can skip X amount of days per year, just push a button and you're at a new day, a happier day. I would make up a rule where Mothers would have X amount of times where they could snap their fingers and their house work would be done and dinner made, errands done leaving time to relax and have fun with their kids. I would make up so many more rules. But since I can't I'll just day dream about being able to do these impossible things. I think I should make up a board game called LIFE the Mothers version. It would be a happy game though, with nothing but good choices with good consequences. I think it would be a popular game to play, don't you?
Can you tell it was an awful day for me yesterday? Well it was. It's not like anything specifically terrible happened. It's just that I don't recall yesterday having 4 minutes to myself, or even 4 minutes that didn't have a child screaming, crying, whining, pouting or being just plain naughty. It was a long day filled with nothing happy, nothing really fun. Lucky for me some one from above decided to bless me with EXTRA amounts of patience yesterday. Thank Heaven's for that! That is really the only good thing about yesterday, I had some patience to bear it all. The other good thing was when my hubby came home and listened to me blab about how awful my day was. He knows he doesn't have to say much, just listen, let me vent and then, hug me and then I'll feel better.
Well today is a new day and I'm praying it will go better than yesterday. I know it will go better than yesterday. I'm thankful for this new day, giving me (and the kids) a chance to start over.
Thanks for listening to me vent. I know most of you understand. You are probably saying "Been there, done that!" and it's nice to know I can vent to people who know exactly what I am talking about.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
One horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day! (okay it wasn't that bad)
Posted by Kris at 8:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i agree--you should make up the rules!!! :)
hoping for a calmer, happier day!!!
I would play that game!! That is the one good thing about bad days with the kids- you know the next day can ONLY get better! This happens to me too. Only I seem to be the force behind good and bad moods in my home. When I'm PMSing, really emotional, angry, or sick and tired, those are the days when the boys are extra naughty, stressed out, emotional, and annoying. I think they pick up on the way I feel. I hope you won't have to experience another bad day for a while.
Post a Comment