I received a late Birthday present from my old roommie and good friend, the other day. She TOTALLY made my day! It brought me back to the good 'ol days of being single at 'Ricks' liv'n in good 'ol Danburry Manor (also known as 'Dingleberry Manor' to a certain old Manager or ours).
In the Package was this....A Box of Betty Crocker brownies, Yahtzee!, two cowboy hats and a CD of Don Williams greatest hits.
That may not sound like an awesome present to any of you, but as soon as I saw it I laughed out loud and then almost cried. OK not really, but it brought me back to those days of being single (no kids) and just living and loving life. Some times I miss those days. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my life now. I love my kids. I love my Hubby. I love that I am fulfilling my dream of being a Mother. But I do have fond memories of College and miss the friends I made there. I would never go back to those days, I love where I am at in life now, but it was fun to have that trip down memory lane.
Let me explain....On weekends when me and my roomie would be stuck alone on a weekend (no dates to go on or guys were being dumb or some times we just felt like chill'n in our apartment) we'd open a box of brownies and bake them. We'd eat them in chuncks in milk (like cereal) and play Yatzee while listening to Don Williams while wearing cowgirl hats (remeber we were in Rexburg Idaho), Ok so we were a little weird but it was fun! I was never a fan of Country Music but for some reason I loved Don Williams.
This may sound totally lame to many of you, but it was fun to be with a good friend doing, whatever, and having fun. We'd laugh at how bad we were at yatzee or at how many brownies we had eaten that night, we just had fun and we didn't care how silly we looked or sounded.
So thank you Jess for a very thoughtful gift that brought me down memory lane, I love it! You made my day! Now you need to come visit and we can make brownies, play yatzee, and listen to Don Willimas together :)
And I last but not least...I think she is destined to be a cow girl, she made up her own line dance! (please ingnore the fact that she is in her PJ's, the package came early in the morning and some times I just don't care to get them dressed right away in the morning, so sue me!)
3 comments:
At the start of your post, I was thinking it has to be Jess. And I was right!
Hope you had a great birthday.
Dingle-berry. HA!
That is so awesome! What a great friend. I totally understand what you mean about being single and missing those days. Wouldn't trade my life now for anything, but just thinking back to all that fun makes you remember the good ol times!
yeah, those times are fun to remember. glad you liked it and looks like the kids have fun with the hats! Sometimes those dingleberry memories just pop in my head and I laugh....thanks for making those college days fun and memorable, couldn't have done it without ya!
Post a Comment