Friday, January 01, 2010

First Post of the New Year, Hooray for 2010!

Happy New Year!
Hooray for 2010! One more year gone, and I feel no different, maybe slightly older and a little (okay a lot) fatter but there is a good excuse for that last one :)

So did I make any New Year's Resolutions, you ask?

NOPE. I never really do, but it sounds like a good idea.

I mainly wanted to put up a post today because it is the first of the new year, so I think I'll show you a picture or two.....

We didn't do a whole lot on New Years Eve last night, I didn't even watch the count down or the Ball drop. How lame am I? Oh well.
BUT.....
Here is what we did do last nightYes, that is right people, we torched our dried out Christmas tree. We took it out in our tiny back yard and C got out his left over Roman Candles and went at the tree with them. It was awesome, and a little scary how quickly one little spark on the tree made it burst into flames. We didn't douse it in lighter fluid or anything, it just burst into flames all on it's own.

I can now see how dangerous real Christmas Trees can be and what a real fire hazard they are if you let them dry out. It was insane how fast that thing went up in flames, and it was insane how high the flames got. We were not stupid though, we mad sure to have our hose ready to spray it down. I think we worried our neighbors a bit, but no one called the Fire department so we were good.

We videoed it too but I was laughing hysterically the whole time in it, partially because I was afraid we'd burn down our fence in the back yard. I had that nervous laugh going on. Like I said we had the hose ready it was just a little more flames than we expected. I would not recommend doing this if you did not have water right on hand to immediately soak it in. Also I would not recommend this if you have a tree bigger than 5 feet tall. Our tree was pretty tiny and it still made huge flames and it put out a lot of heat too! We're crazy, I know this.


Being with the Family at Christmas was great and EVERYONE was home. My one and only brother was home off his mission this Christmas, and my 5 other sisters were all able to make it out too, so it was a HOUSE FULL to say the least. I'd call 13 People a house full wouldn't you?

Here are a couple of Family Pictures we took since everyone was there this year.

Our little Harker Family
My Kids all dressed up cute for Church
My whole Family, The Weathers (Plus one, my little Sis BF was able to spend Christmas with us too)
The Classic "Make a goofy face" Pose....
If you aren't goofy, you'd feel out of place around our house. When we all get together, us girls can get pretty out of control goofy some times, and the Men of the house just put up with us :)
I love the face Tyler (My bro-in-law,the tall guy in the back) is making, it's a good one!
Just the siblings....yep, just one boy with all these girls.
We're crazy I tell ya! Love it.
Wendy and Kim crack me up!

Fun Family times! I wouldn't trade them in for the world.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year too!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh lovely post! We had a very god time, too. The family pics are hilarious...like the phone book I'm stanging on! ha! I hope we go some where close to you gusy this summer so we can see you and the new addition ;) Love you and happy new year!

Anonymous said...

I'd call Joey more than a BF since we are engaged...:)

Wendy said...

I can't believe you did that to your tree. That is hilarious and scary at the same time. Good thing we don't put actual candles on the trees like in the olden days.

Unknown said...

The pictures of your family are so fun!! You guys are so cute!! Looks like you guys had a good time, it is so fun to get to spend time with family over the holiday!!
Did I see somewhere you are going to be having another girl?! That is so exciting!! When are you due? I certainly am not holding my breath for a little girl for me!! =) The Stephenson definitely specialize in BOYS!!
I hope sometime we both make it back to Spokane at the same time so we could get to visit with you and your cute family!! Take care!! Holly

Bonnie said...

Did you check out the look on J-boy's face in the "crazy" family picture? He looks like he is thinking "What is wrong with these people" Ha, Ha!! That is a priceless picture. Yes, Whit, you are now engaged but not when the pic was taken.