Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I think I have a teenage daughter!

Proof that a 5-6 year old girl is a lot like a 13-14 year old girl....

Quotes from my E girl in the last few months....(read these how E says it, with a little sassy tone)

Q #1 "Mom, why don't I ever wear skirts to school? Annabelle wears skirts and dresses all the time, why don't I?"

Q#2 "Mom, why do you ALWAYS make me sandwiches for lunch? Other kids' mom's give them some thing else in their lunches!"

Q #3 "Mom, why don't I ever wear belts? Every one else at school wears belts!"

Q#4 "Mom, why don't you ever put my hair in a big pony tail? Lots of girls at school wear theirs in big pony tails!"

No, I'm not joking. I'm not making any of these up.
Seriously? She's only in K-G, she's not even 6 yet! Why does she care about what everyone else is doing ALREADY!?
AAAAHHHHAAHHHHH! This is what I'm thinking in my head as I think of her as a teenager.

You see why I was hoping for another boy? j/k...........kind of ;)

Sassy girl!


In my defense about these......yes, I feel the need to defend myself :)

Q#1....she doesn't like to wear skirts. In fact I would ask her to wear a cute skirt to school because I like that look and she would refuse!

Q#2....She will eat NOTHING else BUT sandwiches, AND I put in things like fruit, yogurts, crackers, treats etc. every day. I mix the sides up every day for her.

Q#3....No defense really, I didn't know belts were a new necessary accessory these days for 5 year olds SORRY!

Q#4.....When I ask her what she wants me to do with her hair she usually shrugs her shoulders. I do 'do' her hair every day.

OK, I'm done defending myself. I feel better.

Can't wait for her to be a teenager, it's gonna be fun!
Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

That is crazy! Girl's worries are different than boys! I don't even think Calvin notices trends or fashion from the other kids. Then again, he is already so confidant and cocky that he thinks he's already the best at everything-hahaha. The ego on this boy is is huge-hahaha!

I love that you get to share these stories....They give me hope that I will have another carefree boy-hahaha!! Just kidding- E is adorable!

Trevor and Holly said...

How funny!! Even after all that I would still love to have a little girl as adorable as your little E. It might be a struggle but when she is all grown up you will get to have a best friend and get a good chuckle hearing her struggles with her little girl!! ;)

Erekson's said...

I love the picture! Such cute girls and I hear you about entering the preteen stage WAY too early! What are we going to do with these girls?

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha oh poor you! Good luck in the future ;) She is quite entertaining though. Love the pic!

Lindy said...

She is hilarious, and such a cute little fireball :)