Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I CAN be 'that' Mom!

I need to put up a post on my blog that is happy. Enough with the drama.... here's a fun post :)

Today is E's 100th Day of School!

She was so excited about it. They are doing lots of fun things today at school to celebrate it. She made a 100 poster and a pair of 100 glasses and a 100 hat. They get to have a parade where they wear their cool 100 attire that they made and march around the gym and she is so excited for this parade, it's really cute.

She was talking about this day for the last few days and so I wanted to do something special for her.

I decided to be 'that' Mom. I'm usually not 'that' Mom, I usually just send her off to school with the same 'ol lunch. But Today I decided to mix it up a little, today I decided to write her a little "Happy 100th Day of school" note and put it in her lunch....AND (here is the best part) I even made her sandwich into the #100. See I told you, I'm being 'that' Mom, that cool Mom who is so creative and thoughtful and all that fun stuff. I'm proud of myself, I must admit.

I told her to look for two special surprises in her lunch today. She was so excited because what little kid doesn't love to hear they get a special surprise in their lunch. I was so excited for her to find it too, so excited in fact that I went to her school half way through her lunch time just so I could see her reaction.

She saw me come in the lunch room and yelled out "Mom I got your note!" with the biggest smile on her face! That just made my day. She can read now and she was so happy to tell me "I even read it all by myself." she was so proud of herself.

I love this little girl! She is so smart and so fun to just have a good long conversation with, I love this new stage I get to experience with her.

I did however, have to point out to her that I made her sandwich into 100. She laughed and laughed and showed it off to her friends, she loved it.

Today I learned something new about myself.....I can be 'that' Mom.
And it was fun.

5 comments:

khepworth said...

I need to be more of "That" kind of mom. Good for you. And thanks for the reminder.

Angela said...

Very creative! I love that she can read and I just love her!

Anonymous said...

K, how fun was all that? :) Please know though, that you are "That Mom" and more--even when you don't realize it. You moms are so hard on yourselves. Where would we all be without you!?! Love to E and J.
PaPa

Rachel Holloway said...

SO SWEET! Look at you go! I love what you did...

And hey, at least you send her with a lunch! I let Jenna pick one day a week--the other days she has to eat at school! :)

Klingler said...

Awesome mama!