Wednesday, June 02, 2010

I survived.

The verdict is in......I'm officially not so good at dealing with three kids all by myself, as of yet. I'm sure it'll get easier? Please tell me it'll get easier!

I only cried a couple of times yesterday. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

At least I survived my very first day with all three kids all day all by myself (until 5:30pm).

E is officially out of school now which means I can't just send one of my kids off for the day and it also means I am extremely out numbered here. She is a big girl and can be helpful, some times, but she's still only six. She still needs attention and still needs a Mommy who is some what coherent some of the time. Unfortunately I was not the best Mom yesterday.

J boy and our baby girl are sick. It's just a cold, but poor J has had a temperature of 102 for a couple of days now. Lou lou isn't quite as sick as J boy, thank heavens but it's still rough on a newborn to have mucus they just don't know how to get rid of, it makes breathing and eating difficult. My poor poor baby girl.

Yesterday was a day from H-E- double! Okay so maybe it wasn't that bad maybe I'm being slightly dramatic, but it was rough.

I think I would have been able to handle it better if I didn't start my day off with the worst headache I have had in a long time. My headache, unfortunately lasted the whole day.

Today is a new day. J boy seems to feeling better, my baby is still a newborn and still needs me non-stop but she seems to be feeling better. AND I'm going to the Chiropractor today, so hopefully my headache will be gone soon!

I can do this.....I think I can I think I can I think I can........

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm sorry Kristin! That sounds miserable. I don't know if you've ever had mastitis (or if you're even breastfeeding) BUT it starts (at least for me) with a terrible headache so watch out for that! Good luck and trust me it DOES get easier with 3 kids! Just give it some time.

Clinton and Jessica said...

you can do it! I had my first day with all three yesterday too!! Except mine started out with the horrible realization that I have mastitis. Not fun but we got through it with the help of a few movies. Your kids are adorable by the way.

Rachel Chick said...

I don't know if saying it gets better is accurate or not. :) Sometimes it does. Sometimes it's worse. LOL! Sometimes you get to the end of the day and say "oh my goodness. tomorrow will be better. i promise." And then tomorrow is even worse. I'll say it like this: your kids don't change, but if you stay close to the Lord, you do. Just don't set your expectations too high for a while. LOL! You'll learn how to handle it better. I promise. Or you'll just get brain damage. Either way . . . you'll survive and so will they. :)

Anonymous said...

K, yes you can! Yes you can! Your mother did it and was alot less prepared/ready than you. Mothers are always so hard on themselves. I guess that's what part of being a mom is. Just know that you are always much better than you usually give yourself credit for and that means alot. Keep calling Mom when you can; she is much wiser than me. Thanks for everything while I was there. Love, Dad

Rachel Holloway said...

i haven't been on any blogs lately, but had to pop in and say my 2 cents here. YOU CAN DO THIS! I look back to when Spencer was born, and Jenna was BARELY 3, which meant 2 others younger than her. Brandon was just startnig school and gone lots. And ya know, WE DID IT. Somehow, we did. You will look back and be amazed at how much you were really carried when it seemed so hard...I promise. Dont focus on perfection...just focus on taking the day for the best it can be and know your limits!