Monday, August 30, 2010

I love toothless grins

So my Mom doesn't "do" face book and I don't really think C's parents do either. I like FB because it's easy to keep people up to date with pictures and whatnot, but it makes me slack in blogging which is not a good thing.

Blogging takes just a little bit more effort on my part so it's easy to see why FB would be more appealing, but I like blogging for our Family record keeping sake and I do like to keep my family that we are far away from up to date as well.

So for those of you who do "do" Face book and see repeats, sorry I must post it on here for my Mother or who knows what she'll do to me
....Just kidding Mom.....kind of.

******
Here she is, our little toothless 6 year old.
And if I do say so myself, I think she looks pretty darn cute with that little gap in her mouth. I love toothless grins!
E got off the bus Thursday afternoon and came running towards me with a HUGE smile on her face and I thought she was coming in for a hug (I was gone for a week at my parents house so I thought she just missed me) but nope, no hug. Immediately she opened her mouth wide and yelled happily.....

"I have my first loose tooth Mommy! SEE!" as she began wiggling her tooth.
I was surprised at how loose it really was.

She said "I was showing everyone...my friends, my teacher, my bus driver!"

It was cute to watch her get so excited over a loose tooth. I thought maybe it had started to get loose while I was gone, but she said that it only felt loose that day at school.

She kept asking when it would fall out. I had to tell her it may not be for a few more days. Then E would say "I bet tomorrow it will fall out and then I can leave it for the Tooth Fairy!" It was all too exciting for her, she just could not wait. I didn't want to break the news to her that teeth usually don't fall out the same day they get loose. I tried to explain it nicely but then she'd just respond "Well, I'll keep wiggling it and then maybe tomorrow it will fall out."

So she did wiggle it now and again. Dinner came and went, no tooth falling out on the dinner table. Bath time came and went, no searching for her tooth in the bath water. Still hopeful and still excited she got ready for bed.... she brushed her teeth even the loose one and.....

suddenly from the other room I hear "Spit, splat, clink.....AHH MY TOOTH!"
I ran to the bathroom to see her picking it up out of her spit in the sink, yum....gag.

Then she looked up at me with that huge grin of "is it really gone?" as her tongue pokes through to check, yep there is a space where the tooth once was.

She was SO excited and of course the camera came out pictures were taken, lots of pictures.

J boy was now sad because there was no attention on him, no pictures of him were being taken....
(I like how his shirt says "happy camper" while he was not a happy camper at that moment.)
Then he became a happy camper when he realized I did still loved him because I was now taking pictures of him, even while he was being grumpy....


I love these new phases each child goes through, but I have to say it's got to be the most fun with the oldest child because it's all new and exciting to them and us as the parents.

So that night after going around the neighborhood to show everyone her missing tooth, she went to bed with her tooth under her pillow with so much excitement and anticipation to see what the tooth fairy would bring her.


She woke up to a note and four quarters. The note from the tooth fairy congratulated her on her first lost tooth and said sorry for not having a dollar bill but that she could trade in her 4 quarters for a dollar any time if she wanted to.

Four quarters was enough for her. Duh, four of some thing is so much better than one of some thing! I didn't....I mean, the tooth fairy didn't think of it that way.

Yay for toothless grins!

2 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

That is a perfect place to lose a tooth! And yes, she lookes adorable without it. But I love J's rejected face in his picture-hahaha.

I'm still waiting for Calvin to lose his first tooth....

Rachel Holloway said...

hooray!!! She's in the CLUB now!!! (Jenna still asks every day when she will lose a tooth...poor thing!)

She's got a great toothless grin! :)