Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's NOT a weed whacker

I live in a part of the country where we have insects that look like these....

They just fly around our neighborhoods not caring at all that people live here.

No I don't live in the rain forest or any forest for that matter. I live in a big city of 800,000 people, but yet we have LARGE insects that like to fly around my neighborhood.....AND COME INTO MY HOUSE!





In my living room I have one of these classy Walmart Lamps....



So what do you get when you combine that lamp with a large insect that looks like this? You get something that sounds like a small weed whacker.

You also get a 29 year old woman holding her three month old crying baby, screaming as she ducks and covers.

Before it found my lovely lamp it decided to take a few laps around my small living room. As described above, I let out a scream and ducked each lap it took as it came flying past my head. This repeated a few times before I ran to the couch to "save" my baby from the Monstrosity of a bug that this thing was/is.

So here I am with no husband home to kill the gigantic bug, no E to scream with me, no J boy to try and kill it..... All I have is me screaming holding a baby who is now crying in fear of her mother, not the bug that is making her mother scream.



The bug found the lamp after what seemed like a million laps in my living room and has been doing laps in there for the last half hour while I sit in fear in the kitchen. Every once in a while I'll hear it hit the ceiling and fall back in the lamp only to continue its laps of death or at least I'm hoping these laps will kill it soon.



To keep me from further FREAKING OUT, I'm telling myself that there is just a sweaty man out front holding a weed whacker grooming my front lawn.

It's a lie I MUST believe right now.

Now I'm off to dart up the stairs with baby in hand into the bathroom so I can finally get my shower for the day.



It's just a weed whacker.....just a weed whacker......a weed whacker

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! Ha ha I don't think it will kill you. We have huge bugs here in TX, too. They must grow larger in humid climates...

Stefani said...

Sounds about like our bat experience. I hate flying things. Ew