My best friends today were Mr. Clean's Magic eraser, Mr. Cloth, Mr. Spray bottle.....you get the idea. A wonderful friend took my kids for a few hours so I could just get things done around here. Wow! How much more can a Mother get done with out her kids around? A LOT MORE!
Today I tackled not only the basics but I decided it was that dreaded time......to wipe down the walls/appliances/cupboards etc. I hate this because then I can see just how "slacking off" I really was. AND I have learned from the past that once you start, you CAN'T stop. The fingerprints are never ending!
Along with finger prints on every wall (I just did three rooms today, the down stairs) I found the following:
Pencil/pen/crayon marks
A sticky blue goo that I think just might be either "go-gurt" or blue Popsicle take your pick
Make-up, E has her own "make-up" and it was on every wall
Sticker residue from no doubt E's sticker collection
foot scuff marks
scotch tape
misc. food items
tear marks (yes, these were in our time out corner walls)
AND last but not least boogers, YUM!
I KNOW who those boogers are from....E unfortunately proudly admits she eats her boogers (dry heaving right now) although I tell her often to get a tissue and that she is WAY too old to be doing that sort of thing.
J boy on the other hand will not (good boy) eat his boogers, not sure if he ever did, but he also won't get a tissue. I find him rubbing them on his clothes, the carpet, his sister, and apparently the walls (bad boy).
Every wall I washed down had three or more of those things I listed above on them, no joke! Every wall had that blue goo on it, pretty sure that was my boy's doing.
It's amazing what just TWO children can do to a dozen walls or so.
By-the-way I LOVE Mr. Clean Magic erasers, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! They literally just erase things. I know I'm one lame Momma for loving them but they make my life easier, what can I say?
P.S. I did not write this blog post or the ones below while my kids were at my friends. Just so you know. I like to write posts and then decide later if I want to actually post them to my blog for all to read. So today I went through and posted a few from the past. So Scroll down and enjoy if you'd like.
Monday, August 02, 2010
My Best friend......Mr. Clean
Posted by Kris at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I LOVE magic eraser's! That's how I aced clean checks through my college days and how I recently removed burnt rings on the countertops of that rental house I cleaned. They work wonders. Man, I can't wait to have kids so I can clean up their crusted booger's on the walls! Ha ha
Post a Comment